Skip to content

game told me to go to beamdowg.net to get ips for multiplayer

goodkarmagoodkarma Member Posts: 3
where do i find this... im using the steam kind

Comments

• Ragdoll83Ragdoll83 Member Posts: 34
    Multiplayer doesn't work, they keep promising to fix it as far back as I can read on this forum. But nothing yet, apparently it's not the very enhanced edition afterall.
  • SebokanSebokan Member Posts: 3
    Works fine with Hamachi.
  • goodkarmagoodkarma Member Posts: 3
    can i get a set of instructions to make it work with hamachi i have it downloaded but need info on what to do after making a network... instructions plz?
  • majinsnakemajinsnake Member Posts: 113
    edited January 2013
    Multiplayer works just fine without hamachi.

You or whoever you are connecting to are running a firewall or a router. Make sure your friends do the same listed below.

1. You need to add ports (TCP and UDP) into either one. Preferably the router if you own one. You can search this forum for them.
    2. Go to command prompt, and type IPCONFIG. WRITE THIS IP DOWN and have others connect to it. Or you can connect to their IP.
    Post edited by majinsnake on
  • LambparadeLambparade Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    I played multiplayer with 3 people and had little to no real issues. I was the host and everything went smoothly.

Hamachi is not needed whats so ever.

The way I found my ip was to just search "myip" in google. "Whatsmyip.com" shows up with a green number such as 131.183.0.122(Universitys ip exsample.).

Ipconfig for me does not give me my personal ip address for others to connect too.

When it comes to port forwarding it can get a bit tricky. I suggest looking up guides on how to do it for your router. Once you learn it, it becomes very useful and very easy.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    It's worth noting that the Steam version of the game is a couple patches behind the Beamdog version. So two things:

First, a number of multiplayer bugs have been fixed by now that might not be fixed for the Steam release.

Second (and kind of related), unless all of the players are playing the Steam version, you won't be able to start a multiplayer game because the versions are different.