Skip to content

Falling as Ranger/Paladin linked to alignment now?

Hey,

in light of the newest additions to the game I started my evil runthrough and I thought, my party could use an other archer. So I put the 'helm of opposite alignment' on Kivan.

And I realized: he doesn't fall (even at reputation 1), just like intended. I know that this was not the case in Baldurs Gate 2 (as I tried to play a Blackguard in IWD-to-BG2 and it would immediately fall, regardless of alignment).

So, is this observation true, or if not, how is falling handled?

I imagine if it works like that the Helm of Opposite Alignment could be used for a power-gaming PC-Paladin, too, to do all the evil-deads 'under the influence' with an unscathed innocence after a remove curse spell :P.
Just some ideas...

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    That's interesting. My guess is that it has something to do with how they needed to re-jig the 'Fallen' status when they implemented Blackguard (I heard that in early builds Blackguard used to fall at low rep!). They might have tied it more closely to alignment.
  • UnknownQuantityUnknownQuantity Member Posts: 242
    Should Blackguard even be a Paladin kit? I personally like the name shadow knight from EQ as a seperate class alltogether with it's own kits.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    NPCs never fall, 'tis the way of things.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    Maybe the helm is keeping him from falling?

I know that if you put the helm on an evil character, they won't leave at high reputations.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438

Maybe the helm is keeping him from falling?

I know that if you put the helm on an evil character, they won't leave at high reputations.

Umm, yeah, I think that's the whole point he is making.
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302

Should Blackguard even be a Paladin kit? I personally like the name shadow knight from EQ as a seperate class alltogether with it's own kits.

At least in the state the game is now only kits can be added because of hardcoding.

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited January 2013
    Pantalion said:

NPCs never fall, 'tis the way of things.

True, but a PC ranger or paladin also won't fall if their character sheet says they're evil. I've registered this as a bug.