Skip to content

Does anyone have any theories of what Adventure X and Adventure Y could potentially be?

TheGrapeTyphlosionTheGrapeTyphlosion Member Posts: 29
I know that the BG:EE Team has already discussed the use of DLC for the game. But these two adventures seem interesting to me, especially how they would both tie into the Bhaalspawn plot in different ways. I'm really excited to see how these play out and what new characters and areas will be integrated along with these original stories. I think it'll be really fun to play through, since we'll also get an increased level cap because of it.

Comments

• LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited July 2012
    It's almost too wide open a premise to speculate about, Grape.

Has Beamdog said whether the quests you're referring to will be for the protagonist, and therefore (presumably) related to the central plot?

Will BGEE also include new sidequests from existing NPCs? And introduce new NPCs/sidequests?
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    I've been following Oster on twitter pretty much every single day since I discovered the BGEE was under development and as far as I can tell :

Both adventures will be separate from the game. My supposition is that it's going to be similar as Throne of Bhaal is with SoA.

Something else that we know is that one is tied with the bhaalspawn plot, while another is not (adventure X isn't, Y is. Or maybe the other way around).

We know that both adventure have their own theme, meaning maybe 2 completely different maps? (not areas, whole maps). I am not convinced.

Another quite old tweet states that there are snowy covered areas, as well as another stating that hasted beholders are BAD.

That's just a few clues around, but my supposition is that the adventures take place after Sarevok's defeat, on the Cloud Peak mountains. It would make some sort of sense I guess, since the Bhaalspawn left "under circumstances much darker than anyone would have thought" as the Shadows of Amn narrator puts it.
    So yeah, god knows. All I know is that we'll definitely see some mr. Scarface bald man in them! (or rough bearded man, whichever you prefer)
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Well, Im almost sure that one of the adventures/areas is called The B**** **** :)

Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster
    Just listened to a new track from Sam. Hint of an Arabic (sp?) feel to it. Will be a great theme for The B**** ****

:)
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    edited July 2012
    The wildest speculation is that the new npc comes from Calimshan. He said it himself on the topic to recruit a 3D artist 8) (PhillipDaigle was certainly joking ^^... or maybe not ! :D) Hahaha we can't say anything right now.

However, there has been a lot of "islands" so I think it will rather be some mainland now. Maybe you can take a ship from Baldur to a foreign land with a "hint of arabic" in it. More exotic could be Halrua (not sure of the spelling, but the mage kingdom with flying ballons), dunno if it is related but there were one of their shp in Baldur, so it's still a possibility in that regard.

Probably not neverwinter though, too much games used that one :D
    Well if they will make a new BG Map there shouldnt be a problem to add new areas in the main land...
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    I'm taking my forgotten realms map B-)

@mch202 around the areas of BGI we can extend in the north to waterdeep, but it is a long way with no cities, even small ones. There is a "warlock crypt" and Dragonspear castle next to the High moor. But I don't really know about those.

The south is Amn, and done in BGII so apart from a border, I don't think it will be interesting that way...

To the east there are some minor cities and some big ones, but it does stretch a bit wide compared to the existing map of BGI. There is cormyr also but that's a long way.
    edited July 2012
    well they can always extend it to the area of Troll Claws/Field of the dead to the east( which is closer to BG than nashkel and Durlag's Tower) or the cloudpeak mountains.

But in the end, its all speculations, we will have to wait and see.

p.s
    I just hope that they will extend the bg map and that the adventures wont take you to other places with new maps.. it will feel out of place and not a part of the original game....
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Which makes me think, will the vanilla map of BG be updated to a BG2 style map? (similar to what BGT and Tutu did of course)
    I mean, not that I hate the current map, it certainly looks more "mappy" but I loved the color and the colored icons from BG2. It's another thing to speculate on I guess :)
    edited July 2012
    Which makes me think, will the vanilla map of BG be updated to a BG2 style map? (similar to what BGT and Tutu did of course)
    I mean, not that I hate the current map, it certainly looks more "mappy" but I loved the color and the colored icons from BG2. It's another thing to speculate on I guess :)
    Well for that I opened this thread, but no official word yet...

• LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited July 2012
    Well, Im almost sure that one of the adventures/areas is called The B**** **** :)

Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

Just listened to a new track from Sam. Hint of an Arabic (sp?) feel to it. Will be a great theme for The B**** ****

:)
    It's been a long time since I was into this FR stuff, but IIRC the FR lands with a distinctly Arabic feel are Calimshan and Amn. Amn being a little closer to Turkey and Iberia (i.e., with a European influence mixed in), and Calimshan modeled more directly after Persia.

I used to know canon Amn really well, and Calmishan fairly well... But the "B**** ****" clue isn't ringing any bells in my head.
    well maybe its even a music for an adventure that they are plan to implement in BG2 and rather BG1....
    just a wild guess.. maybe one of them is something leading up to you, ending up in the dungeon in bg2..sort of a transition between bg1 and bg2. would be kinda cool
    well thats an excellent Idea for an epilogue after chapter 7!

• TheGrapeTyphlosionTheGrapeTyphlosion Member Posts: 29
    just a wild guess.. maybe one of them is something leading up to you, ending up in the dungeon in bg2..sort of a transition between bg1 and bg2. would be kinda cool
    That's definitely a possibility but I just wonder how the snowy area would possibly tie into it all. That one seemed like the more interesting map unless we do get an entire Epilogue chapter like you said.
    edited July 2012
    First thing, the snow is from cloudpeak mountains, in that im 100% sure...

Second, I got the feeling we will get a little surprise by visiting an interesting place north to bg ;-)

**you've gotta love google :-)
    Post edited by mch202 on
  • TheGrapeTyphlosionTheGrapeTyphlosion Member Posts: 29
    First thing, the snow is from cloudpeak mountains, in that im 100% sure...

Second, I got the feeling we will get a little surprise by visiting an interesting place north to bg ;-)

**you gotta love google ;)
    Ah well that all sounds even more interesting. I can't wait to play through these new adventures as my classic fighter mage character. Especially since it brings an increased level cap with it. This will be great.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    I usually don't care for DLCs but this sounds really interesting.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    edited July 2012
    @ShapiroKeatsDarkMage

I'm pretty sure that Adventure X and Adventure Y aren't DLC. They're part of the new content for BGEE.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    @ShapiroKeatsDarkMage

I'm pretty sure that Adventure X and Adventure Y aren't DLC. They're part of the new content for BGEE.
    Oh well, sorry.
    @Cheesebelly I came across this line over the internet:

"work on some old-school isometric maps for the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition"

I guess we will get some new maps ;)

• paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    This wouldn't just be 'kinda cool.' This would be freakin' awesome!
  • WinthalWinthal Member Posts: 366
    from @PhillipDaigle

features that i can confirm:

- lots of clicking and/or tapping
    - goblins
    - a dude tries to kill you, but instead you kill him

From this we can safely surmise that.. uh.. no, nevermind
    edited July 2012
    -
    Post edited by mch202 on
  • SirBuliwyfSirBuliwyf Member Posts: 137
    I have a suspicion of what one of them might be but won't go into that.

Some of the areas you explore in BG1 can be quite empty so I expect any new adventure would be based outside rather than in Baldur's Gate itself.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @PhillipDaigle also hinted at a romance for Boo on his twitter.
    edited July 2012
    I have a suspicion of what one of them might be but won't go into that.

Some of the areas you explore in BG1 can be quite empty so I expect any new adventure would be based outside rather than in Baldur's Gate itself.
    @SirBuliwyf Its outside of BG thats for sure ;)

Here is the list of the suspects to the south, in the Cloudpeak mountains:

The Fangs/Fangs Pass
    The Neck
    Citidal of Amnur
    Mt. Speartop
    Citidal of Rashtur

This are the only places of interest I could find in 2nd Edition maps, not much information on those places.
    But I wonder... What type of monsters there are in the Cloudpeak mountains?? similiar to the Icewind Dale? Hill/Frost Giants,Goblins, Trolls etc??

• PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    I can neither confirm nor deny some sweet ass mountain combat.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    I can neither confirm nor deny sweet ass combat with a mountain.
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    "neither confirm nor deny" confirms. Just for anyone who didn't catch it. :)

edited July 2012
    Yeah I have already confirmed it myself ;-)