Skip to content

[mod] Boots of Speed bug(?) fix

leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
edited January 2013 in General Modding
For those who suffer from lag problem when NPCs wearing Boots of Speed get hasted...

Please download the version you want and unzip to [BGEE main folder]\Data\0766\override folder.

For uninstallation, please delete BOOT01.ITM in override folder.

1) Current Boots of Speed with immunity to haste. This means users will not get extra attack with Haste spell.

boot01_immune_to_haste.zip
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4xflxrrgSrwWnkxdUlPQjhHS28/edit

Note the user will still be subject to Improved Haste spell. Interestingly enough, Boots of Speed + Improved Haste did not result in 4x movement rate. The user will not become immune to Slow spell.

2) Semi-original Boots of Speed (Haste version) with no extra attack. No extra attack with Haste spell.

boot01_haste_movement_only.zip
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4xflxrrgSrwSTVtWW9iaTNxdVU/edit

3) Original Boots of Speed (Haste version) with full extra attack. For those who want Boots of Speed in its original BG2 form with the perk of illegal extra attack.

boot01_haste_full.zip
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4xflxrrgSrwSEU1Z094WGExY3c/edit

Enjoy!

Post edited by leeho730 on

Comments

• CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Boots in BG were a straight speed bonus (and it stacked with haste); in BG2 they changed it to a movement-speed-only haste. The bug was that this didn't stack with other hastes, broke offhand attacks, and screwed up initiative rounds (the most noticeable effect was that thieves would always become visible before backstabbing). There's not a lot of evidence to suggest the quadruple movement rate shouldn't be allowed.

You may want to double-check your effects, as I see disease immunity attached.

The ranged weapon ApR is a bug introduced by the 2012 patch and will be addressed.
  • leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    Oops, shamelesses copied monk immunity and disease immunity must have been included. Will delete the mod. Sounds like boots of speed should stack with Haste spell.

Is ranged ATR truly a bug? I looked at ITM files and actually modify attack per round are now functioning like it should.

I mean, what would have been the point of adding 'modify attack per round' effect on crossbows, slings when such effect essentially does nothing? Such codes not only exists in BGEE but also in current BG2/TOB.
    The ApR set is there for non-warrior classes to allow them multiple attacks with the weapons. Fighter ApR from proficiencies is supposed to override it--by changing the sets to increments it means that (once the bug is fixed) fighters will get their ApR from their proficiency plus the additional attacks on the weapons.
    edited January 2013
    Thanks doe your reply, but I'm afraid that does not answer my question...

I can understand in case of bows and darts setting the 'base' ApR to 2 and 3 respectably makes sense.

But... In crossbows and slings, the modify attack per round is set to 1 (number of ApR), 1 (set, rather than increment)... This doesn't sound like multiple attacks to me.. And since non warrior classes do not get extra attack anyway, this function is entirely redundant. And this is present on every crossbow and sling weapons. So why not just delete it if it is entirely redundant? That's how I fixed sling and crossbow issue.

Or are you suggesting that level 13 Fighter with grand mastery in those weapons should make max 2 ApR, since base attack would be set to 1, ignoring bonus ApR at level 7 and 13 but would still get one extra ApR from grand mastery?

EDIT: I believe such effect makes sense if such effect was functioning to set the base ApR, overriding Fighter bonus ApR at level 7 and 13. Thus level 13 Fighter with grand mastery in crossbows and slings would have max ApR of 2 whereas for bows and throwing daggers max ApR would be 3, for darts max ApR would be 4. Is that what you mean?
    leeho730 said:

But... In crossbows and slings, the modify attack per round is set to 1 (number of ApR), 1 (set, rather than increment)... This doesn't sound like multiple attacks to me.. And since non warrior classes do not get extra attack anyway, this function is entirely redundant. And this is present on every crossbow and sling weapons. So why not just delete it if it is entirely redundant? That's how I fixed sling and crossbow issue.

It is entirely redundant, yes and normally does no harm--except when we bork ApR. :)
    Got it. Thanks!
    Uploaded the new version. No fix is ideal but some might prefer one over the other.