Skip to content

Bought Game Please Help

2»

Comments

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781

I did not expect this many replies. Thank you. I will admit that is one of my problems. I can't find a guide. Plus this talk of BG 1, BG 2 and whatever else is going on up there is something I don't understand. I am playing Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition so I don't know where that falls under.

I agree with the part of dropping the enemy fast. I recognized that problem a few zones in. When I got the Friendly Arm Inn I noticed the 2 helpers you get there are both one handed users. One of them has a lot of HP so adding a shield works. Problem is when you get to the next town you run into a dwarf who is about the same. It feels like too many tanks.

It would be nice to know if there is a Cleric for the group later on. I didn't see one in any of the links.

I don't know how many weapon proficiencies you get either (or a list of the weapons in the game). The problem I ran into on that end is the starting iron weapons break as you all said up there. I realized that the Halberd, Long Sword, Short Sword and so on are the most common. You can't even buy a claymore later on.

Correct me if I am wrong but, it sounds better to go a Fighter class/Kit for Dual Wield to maximize it? Paladins should be using 2 handed and defense/support based spells rather then heals? Is there a build guide somewhere so I can see what we are talking about?

Edit: If someone knows a guide that would be nice. That way I can know the max level cap, weapon proficiencies, where all these side quests are, where to find the good items and so on

welcome to the forums. i am new here as well, only having one playthrough through the series, but i can help

1- baldurs gate enhanced edition is the whole series being remade with new content. basically, right now we have the first game enhanced, and it's expansion, Tales of the Sword Coast. it added stuff like the new characters, dorn, rasaad, and neera, and did a lot of bug fix as well as add black pits and will be support with dlc and updates. bg2ee will come out later this year, and will be BG2 and its expansion, Throne of Bhaal.

2- Jaheira and Khalid are obviously the friendly arm inn group. Khalid is unfortunately not very good in close quarters since he easily loses morale and run around scared. He can, however, make an excellent archer and Jaheira is a capable front-liner as well as having priest spells as a fighter-druid.

3- There are clerics for you to meet. Off the top of my head, I know of Branwen and Viconia. Viconia is evil and off the top of my head I believe Branwen is neutral, so Viconia will leave if your rep gets too high.

4- proficiencies come at different levels for different classes. if you want sword and shield, i would recommend long sword due to how many you will find in the game, but generally you could find better swords of other proficiencies if you look in the right places.

5- having a fighter in a multiclass or dual class really improves your fighting capability with the other class. for example, a fighter/thief multi would have access to all weapons, be able to put 4 pips into a proficiency, and be able to even wear anything, but won't be able to use thief skills if you wear more than studded leather. read the descriptions for multies to understand the downsides and upsides.

your first playthrough might be difficult, it was long since i was there. i first played 2 summers ago, and it was a fun but challenging experience. you might have an easier time after your first time through. hope you have fun gaming, and stay around for BG2:EE. Hopefully the funding will finally create a BG3 :)