Skip to content

Drizzt unable to damage me when i fight him

satyrionsatyrion Member Posts: 104
When i fight Drizzt with the ability protection from normal weapons he is unable to damage me and it just says his weapons r ineffective or something. When he dies he drops his +5 and +3 saber or whatever they are so thats a bug right there...

Comments

• MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    He doesn't actually wield the weapons that he drops, he's equipped with a special non-dropping weapon. It's clearly not intended that his weapon isn't magical, though, so this probably does need to be fixed.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited January 2013
    Drizzt doesn't actually use his scimitars, or even have them equipped, in BG. I believe he has some special creature weapon (that doesn't drop), or something like that. It's a hold over from the original BG where dual-wielding didn't exist.
    Post edited by TJ_Hooker on
  • satyrionsatyrion Member Posts: 104
    ok that explains a lot :)
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    according to sword coast keeper, drizzt is wearing his scimitars on his hands and neck, and weapon is a "skull" they say with resource being "drizzts" and you say you were fighting drizzt with protection from normal weapons? how did you get that spell in bg1? i didnt see it anywhere ( minus black pits, but that isnt part of bg1 i would say) wraith form also gives you protection from normal weapons, and they actually intentionally put it back in the game
    I got it from being a werewolf, werewolfs in D&D has protection from normal weapons :)
    the shapeshifter werewolf? i never knew that transformation was immune to non-magical weapons
    It is according to real D&D rules but Baldurs Gate said screw that and nerfed them, so if u want to play a real D&D Druid in BG you must install the shapeshifter mod that gives u real D&D stats.
    It is according to real D&D rules but Baldurs Gate said screw that and nerfed them, so if u want to play a real D&D Druid in BG you must install the shapeshifter mod that gives u real D&D stats.

What people are saying is that BG is not built around a 'TRUE D&D' experience, it is built around its 'nerfed' ruleset. Therefore playing it according to 'TRUE D&D'(tm) rules causes massive balance issues, such as making Drizzt a joke.

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Drizzts weapon was fixed with the 2012 patch.
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    edited January 2013
    @Avenger_teambg

Sorry, but out of curiosity, do you mean:

1) His creature weapons now are magical

or

2) He now wields his scimitars

If it is option 2 does that mean they can't be PPed anymore?

Edit:

Sorry, I read 2013 patch and was thinking the next one.

I'm guessing option 1 then because I still stole them. Nevermind.
    being immune to normal weapons in bg1 is pretty over powered in my opinion, A LOT of the enemies have normal weapons, i think the werewolf was already strong as it is, i seem to be the only person on the planet who had no troubles with the shapeshifter class, especially if you dual class it over to a fighter once you get greater werewolf, oh man then you really start to wreck shop
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    I noticed this [that Drizzt couldn't hit me] too when I tested fighting Drizzt with a high level monk.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    @moopy his "creature" weapon is level 5 magical. I wonder why we didn't disable stealing yet :D
    sarevok57 said:

being immune to normal weapons in bg1 is pretty over powered in my opinion, A LOT of the enemies have normal weapons, i think the werewolf was already strong as it is, i seem to be the only person on the planet who had no troubles with the shapeshifter class, especially if you dual class it over to a fighter once you get greater werewolf, oh man then you really start to wreck shop

But you dont get greater wolf before lvl 13 right? So BG1 dont go that far unless u use lvl cap remover.

that be correct, but i still dont think the shapeshifter werewolf needs to be modded though, its perfectly fine the way it is, especially the buggy version where my werewolf was using staff of the rynn then staff of the woodlands, mix that with a level 14 fighter and this guy can wreck havoc, 5 attacks per round dealing some awesome damage with 22 str and 5 points in staff and 2 points in two handed weapon style