Skip to content

I can't play the game on my laptop because the LAUNCHER is too BIG for my screen.

My laptop has a resolution of 1366 x 768, which is fairly normal for laptops. My problem is that the launcher is slightly too big, meaning that the buttons for patches are below the start bar and cannot be clicked on!

So I can't play the game on my laptop!

Is there any way to make the launcher display at either fullscreen or a smaller resolution so I can get the game to work?

Comments

• ShadowplayShadowplay Member Posts: 18
    This is certainly not a perfect solution, but if it's only *slightly* too big can you try temporarily setting the windows taskbar to auto-hide? That may give you enough view of the launcher to get to the buttons you need.
    TJ_Hooker
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    That's really weird. My laptop is at the same resolution, but the height of the launcher window is only about 3/4 the height of my screen.
    ElectricMonk
  • Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181

This is certainly not a perfect solution, but if it's only *slightly* too big can you try temporarily setting the windows taskbar to auto-hide? That may give you enough view of the launcher to get to the buttons you need.

If I do that, I can SEE the buttons, but when I move the cursor over 'em the start bar pops back up.

@TJ_Hooker I don't know what the deal is. Could the launcher on my laptop be effected by my original install of the game on my desktop, which has a much higher resolution.

• BugratBugrat Member Posts: 118
    Are you using Windows 7? If so, you might try right clicking on your desktop -> Personalize -> Display [lower left corner of the window]. You will be at this screen:

If you don't have the default selected then some windows can render bigger than your screen like you describe.
    TJ_HookerArsene_Lupin
  • ShadowplayShadowplay Member Posts: 18
    Good call Bugrat, that's what I was going to suggest next. Gotta be a display scaling issue.
  • Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
    That did the trick, Bugrat.

Shame I have to change the desktop scaling. I've got a touch laptop, so I preferred having larger icons.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    @Arsene_Lupin

You could set it to 100% to download the patches, then set it back to 150% and run the game directly from the 00766 folder (just send shortcut to desktop of baldur.exe). This would mean you only have to change the scaling when you saw a new patch was released (they're posted on the forum).