Skip to content

Make finding simulacrum's and summons easier

MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
edited November 2013 in Feature Requests
Maybe it's just me but with all the spell effects, and especially in tight spaces where your party and the enemies are bunched tightly together, it is rather hard to find your simulacrums and summons sometimes. So I would really appreciate some kind UI improvement to ease this. Here a quick sketch of one way you could do that:

Probably should make the summon icons lot smaller to fit more in but thats the idea. This also allow the icons to show conditions/buffs on the summons just like on your party members.
Post edited by Dee on

Comments

• karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    We totally need to use those exact icons.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Re-opened the thread at @Messi's request.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Thanks Dee. Yea, I wanted to bring this up again because for me at least in SoA and ToB trying to find simulacrums especially was rather annoying chore when there were lots of enemies, and spells, and what not, around. I'd really hope Overhaul could find some easier solution to that.
  • barbarabarbara Member Posts: 30
    This is a great idea. Unfortunately, there's probably not icons for every monster that can be summoned/charmed. So maybe general purpose icons?
  • RadwulfRadwulf Member Posts: 49
    How about a mix between this and (http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/22685/simple-idea-move-the-status-icons-to-the-side-of-the-portraits#latest).

Move some of the icons on the bottom right to the centre bar. Space out the character portraits a bit. Have icons to the left of the portraits and summons underneath, again with icons to the left. You could also stick the summons portraits at the bottom of the character bar instead of spacing out the portraits.

Alternatively you could have icons and summons portraits to the left of the character portrait, with summoned creature icons to the left of the summoned portraits.