Skip to content

Need some help im newbie (Some questions <3)

Well i got that xzar crazy necro and montaron. i Rushed to nashkel after getting them because i didnt like them
So i Ditched them there in the tavern.
I also made rahaad join me.
Questions:
1. Does it worth it to have him in party?
2. He can equip chainmail, is he suposed to be able to wear one?
3. I slept with my main in nashkel's tavern, and i learned Heal light wounds. is that normal? my main is a Swashbucky
4. If i want to ditch Jaheria and his husband, should i rush mines first then ditch them? or just ditch them straight?.

Thanks in advance, i have so many questions, its a frustrating to be so newbie :P

Comments

• MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    1. Rasaad? Probably not. Monks only get powerful in BG2, so in BG1 he'll be quite weak. There are a few threads on how to make him more effective, but they tend to rely on the player already knowing where the best items are. Instead, I'd pick up Minsc in Nashkel, he's a much more powerful warrior.

2. Rasaad can wear chainmail? That's not right, he's a monk and shouldn't be able to wear any armor. Must be a bug.

3. The main character learns a few special abilities after dream sequences throughout the game. You'll figure out why on your own. In the meantime, just enjoy the bonuses.

4. I wouldn't recommend tackling Nashkel Mines with a small party, especially as a new player, and Khalid and Jaheira can provide some shields for the rest of your crew to hide behind. If you can replace them, ditch them. If not, I would recommend keeping them around.
    GaNoN
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    GaNoN
  • GaNoNGaNoN Member Posts: 151
    Bhaaldog said:

@Madhax basically answered it. I would also keep Khalid and Jaheira for the time being.

For the mines or all time?

I rly prefair that Semi / Orc and paladin u can get

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    There isn't a right/wrong answer for the NPC's. What you want to do is make your overall party strong. I like Jaheira and Khalid, as I max Khalid's Long Sword proficiencies and do whatever I can to make him stronger. However, as clerics go, Jaheira isn't that good. Her mix as a fighter is why I keep her around.

Since you're a rogue, you don't really need rogue help, but you do need tanks. Without spoilers, I'll tell you that you'll find a few warrior types that can do that for you. You also need mage and cleric support; when you find that support, bring it on and trade out NPC's that aren't as useful to you.

Honestly, there isn't a right/wrong approach. Make sure that you're having fun with your party or change people until you do! Good luck.
    GaNoN

There isn't a right/wrong answer for the NPC's. What you want to do is make your overall party strong. I like Jaheira and Khalid, as I max Khalid's Long Sword proficiencies and do whatever I can to make him stronger. However, as clerics go, Jaheira isn't that good. Her mix as a fighter is why I keep her around.

Since you're a rogue, you don't really need rogue help, but you do need tanks. Without spoilers, I'll tell you that you'll find a few warrior types that can do that for you. You also need mage and cleric support; when you find that support, bring it on and trade out NPC's that aren't as useful to you.

Honestly, there isn't a right/wrong approach. Make sure that you're having fun with your party or change people until you do! Good luck.

thanks for the answer, but incase i want to ditch them, i have in the journal that khalid and jaheria want to go the mines or somethig like that. if i ditch them inside the INN all will be fine?
    GaNoN said:

Bhaaldog said:

@Madhax basically answered it. I would also keep Khalid and Jaheira for the time being.

They're good enough to keep around the whole time. Your call.

I'm assuming you're referring to the half-orc Dorn... and Ajantis the paladin? I'm surprised you found Ajantis already. Anyway, they're both good NPCs (Dorn is a GREAT NPC), but they're on polar opposites of the alignment spectrum. Dorn is evil as hell, and if you're playing a good character or are keeping good characters around, you might run into trouble.
    GaNoN
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    GaNoN said:

thanks for the answer, but incase i want to ditch them, i have in the journal that khalid and jaheria want to go the mines or somethig like that. if i ditch them inside the INN all will be fine?

Xzar and Monteron also have the same mission. If you arrive at Nashkel with any of them they will be recognised by the quest giver. If you turn up without any of them, he will hire you anyway, and you actually get more dialogue! So do whatever you like.

If you dump the bossy druid, you might want to visit the carnival before heading to the mines.
    GaNoN
    Madhax said:

GaNoN said:

Bhaaldog said:

I'm assuming you're referring to the half-orc Dorn... and Ajantis the paladin? I'm surprised you found Ajantis already. Anyway, they're both good NPCs (Dorn is a GREAT NPC), but they're on polar opposites of the alignment spectrum. Dorn is evil as hell, and if you're playing a good character or are keeping good characters around, you might run into trouble.
    Is there any way i can play a party of good and evil characters? or its a pain?
    GaNoN
    Bhaaldog said:

GaNoN said:

In the original they disappeared if you did not take them initially and subsequently completed the mines. So long as they have been in your party it should be ok.

Last question and ty all for answering.

Is necessary to have a Mage in the party?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Necessary? No.

But it certainly helps. They have spells that will make your life a lot easier (Protection from Petrification comes to mind), and there's nothing quite like an area-of-effect spell like Fireball to ruin the day for any band of kobolds.
    okay ty all, very helpful ppl <3
    GaNoN said:

Madhax said:

GaNoN said:

Bhaaldog said:

If you're mixing good and evil party members, you'll have to keep your reputation neutral to avoid either faction quitting the party. Also, some party member combinations will result in the NPCs fighting each other. So it isn't recommended. Assuming you're playing a Good protagonist, stick with Good or Neutral party members to avoid complications.
    Madhax said:

GaNoN said:

Madhax said:

GaNoN said:

Bhaaldog said:

If you're mixing good and evil party members, you'll have to keep your reputation neutral to avoid either faction quitting the party. Also, some party member combinations will result in the NPCs fighting each other. So it isn't recommended. Assuming you're playing a Good protagonist, stick with Good or Neutral party members to avoid complications.
    i managed a way to have Dorn and Ajantis on same party without having any problems with theM :D

• KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Opposite-alignment NPCs won't instantly try to kill each other. It can happen later in the game.

Opposite-alignment NPCs won't instantly try to kill each other. It can happen later in the game.

So not a good idea to have Ajantis and Dorn? but i love both >_<

• KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I don't know if they'll fight at some point. Ajantis will go apeshit on nearly all evil aligned NPCs at some point, so no, it's not the best idea. Especially if it's your first run, you should stick to NPCs of your own alignment or neutral.
  • darthradarthra Member Posts: 1
    Forgive my noobness. I created a Ranger, who gets the two-weapon style for free at 1st level. However, when I attempt to equip two weapon, a longsword and a shortsword, the character never shows to have both items equipped. Its either or. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!
  • MykraMykra Member Posts: 252
    darthra said:

Forgive my noobness. I created a Ranger, who gets the two-weapon style for free at 1st level. However, when I attempt to equip two weapon, a longsword and a shortsword, the character never shows to have both items equipped. Its either or. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

You might be equipping both weapons in the right hand's multiple quickslot boxes instead of one weapon in the right hand and one weapon in the left (shield box) hand.
    Oxford_Guy