Skip to content

Help with Neera

WTF is going on with neera, every spell i cast is random crap.

How does it work? and why it never does something useful :S

Comments

• atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,153
    As a wild Mage there's always a chance she will cast some random odd thing. But honestly it rarely happens with me, her level seems to fluctuate a lot, but I usually get the spell I was looking for.
  • GaNoNGaNoN Member Posts: 151
    atcDave said:

As a wild Mage there's always a chance she will cast some random odd thing. But honestly it rarely happens with me, her level seems to fluctuate a lot, but I usually get the spell I was looking for.

Well i have her at lvl 1 and its pure randomness i never get what i want. she even turned into a white wolf rofl.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,153
    GaNoN said:

atcDave said:

Well i have her at lvl 1 and its pure randomness i never get what i want. she even turned into a white wolf rofl.
    Well at least it's good for a laugh! I don't why you're having such bad luck with her, I've had her in three different games and only rarely seen such things.
  • baaddarebaaddare Member Posts: 145
    edited January 2013
    it is a 5% chance to get what you cast or a random spell unless you cast chaos shield first. I have hard her turn into a wolf as well. Also she has summon a demon during the fight where you met her. She also one shotted a boss . Of course I have also had her one shot the entire party was well. Thats part of her charm
    Post edited by baaddare on
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    baaddare said:

it is a 50% chance to get what you cast or a random spell unless you cast chaos shield first. I have hard her turn into a wolf as well. Also she has summon a demon during the fight where you met her. She also one shotted savork the first time i had her in the end fight. Of course I have also had her one shot the entire party was well. Thats part of her charm

It's only a 5% chance. And please omit the name of the final boss, this is the spoiler-free forum.
    Madhax said:

baaddare said:

it is a 50% chance to get what you cast or a random spell unless you cast chaos shield first. I have hard her turn into a wolf as well. Also she has summon a demon during the fight where you met her. She also one shotted savork the first time i had her in the end fight. Of course I have also had her one shot the entire party was well. Thats part of her charm

It's only a 5% chance. And please omit the name of the final boss, this is the spoiler-free forum.
    Your right on both accounts I altered my post as requested and slapped myself for saying 50 when it is 5. Don't know why I had that in my head as the numbers

baaddare said:

Madhax said:

baaddare said:

Your right on both accounts I altered my post as requested and slapped myself for saying 50 when it is 5. Don't know why I had that in my head as the numbers

No worries =D
    i keep getting random stuff all the time trololo.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Are you using Nahal's Reckless Dweomer? (The spell that has arrows pointing in every direction) Because that one automatically causes a Wild Surge, which is a random effect. Otherwise it's just a 5% chance.
    shawne said:

Are you using Nahal's Reckless Dweomer? (The spell that has arrows pointing in every direction) Because that one automatically causes a Wild Surge, which is a random effect. Otherwise it's just a 5% chance.

okay ty i was using that xD

edited January 2013
    GaNoN said:

shawne said:

okay ty i was using that xD

Dude. That spell specifically says it causes a random wild surge. You won't get far in this game casting spells without first checking what they do.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @Madhax: That's not entirely accurate - NRD allows you to cast any spell in your spellbook. The catch is that it'll immediately attach a Wild Surge to that spell, and anything can happen as a result: it can misfire, be cast at double strength, petrify your target, etc. But sometimes it just casts the spell you chose.
    shawne said:

@Madhax: That's not entirely accurate - NRD allows you to cast any spell in your spellbook. The catch is that it'll immediately attach a Wild Surge to that spell, and anything can happen as a result: it can misfire, be cast at double strength, petrify your target, etc. But sometimes it just casts the spell you chose.

I'll edit out the "just", it was misleading. Still, this easily explains why Neera's surging all over the place.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited January 2013
    baaddare said:

it is a 5% chance to get what you cast or a random spell unless you cast chaos shield first.

Chaos shield doesn't affect your chance of getting a wild surge, it just increases the value of your d100 roll to determine the surge's effects, in theory improving the results (in general a highter roll is better).
    true i should have been more clear