Skip to content

Sorcerer record window does not bring up new spell screen after level up

ShdwKnghtShdwKnght Member Posts: 2
edited January 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
- My sorcerer gained level 5.
- opened the record screen and pressed level up.
- got a screen to add a new spell to my list.
- cancelled out of the window by pressing the ESC key.
- did a quick save.
- reopened Record screen and a pop up asked me if i wanted to choose a spell -> i clicked yes.
- chose "Find Familiar" for the level 1 spell window, then a new window for spells level 2 opened - I pressed the ESC key.
- I cast Find Familiar spell and spawned a rabbit.
- pressed L key to do a quick reload.

Now when i go to the record screen, it is not asking me to select a new spell, i went to different areas, killed npc's for exp, tried all kinds of things that might trigger a change in my character, i closed the game and reopened it, didnt work, i reinstalled the game, still nothing.

Comments

• NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    I noticed that if you level up, but decide not to take on any proficiencies or skills, it'll still consider that you leveled up and not let you go back to choose. I'm not sure how it works with sorcerers, but at the point when you made a quick save, you might have passed the "no return" mark on your level up and missed out on your spell selection when you reloaded... If you level up again, you might be able to reselect the spells, but for now it sounds like you missed your chance. I always save before I hit the level up button in case something like this happened.

I'm not the most experienced BG player, so you might want to ask someone else, but that's my first impression.
  • ShdwKnghtShdwKnght Member Posts: 2
    Good thinking but I've already used a cheat to bring me 100 EXP away from the next level, then i killed a monster and leveled up. It only let me select a level 3 spell since at level 6 you gain your first. It didnt ask me to select level 1 and 2 after. So basically, the spells are lost forever.

I had to use Shadow Keeper and edit my save game and put it back to level 4 with a few EXP away from level up. It worked, I got my level 5 and it asked me to choose my spells. I am just happy i can continue this game and not have to delete it. Thank you Shadow Keeper for helping the victims of bg:ee bugs.