Skip to content

[BUG] Serious lag when Narcillicus summons 4 Green Slimes

Current Behavior
So I choose the dialog option for Narcillicus to summon 4 green slims and run.
Once the greens slims appeared, the game got unbelievely laggy making gameplay completly abysmal until I killed all of them.
Once they were all dead, the game was back to normal.

Expected Behavior
No lag and smooth gameplay during the combat encounter.

Parys

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Registered #1964

Anyone else experienced this?
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    I cannot reproduce this. I get no lag at all, but I do have a high end machine.

@TheCoffeeGod We need a little more information. What are your system specs, SP or MP, anything else going on with spells, full party?, etc.
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    @Cuv

I have a relatively high end machine from 2010 ( i7 860, 16 GB Ram, ATI HD 5850) so I don't think it's that.
    This type of thing has only happened once before, in the Tutorial, around when the game was first released and only a patch or two came out.
    Both of which were SP play (which I always play).

In this case though, it's just a fool around Save I've been playing with while I wait for the patch, so I SKed some profiencies around and CLUAed a Bag of Holding.
    I had 4 party memebers: Me, Imoen, Jaheira & Khalid.
    No spells were cast (other than Narcillicus' of couse), no active spells.
    Nothing really out of the ordinary from my normal play, though it was one of my saves that had a Neera clone, though I didn't kill the clone in this one.

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @TheCoffeeGod Oh! It's possible you have something whacky in your save game. There's been a bunch of lag bugs fixed, depending on how old your save is. Also SK can do strange things to your saves. My guess its the old save from a previous patch. Lemme know if it persists with a new character/game.

Maybe someone else can have a look-see on this?
  • john_boyjohn_boy Member Posts: 18
    Old (ish) post, but I've experienced this too - most recently with the Ogre mage Bgate sewers.