Skip to content

Druid dual-classing

ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
edited November 2013 in Not An Issue
Druids are currently requiring 17 wis and charisma. This is incorrect. A druid's prime req is wisdom only. They only require the normal minimum of 15 charisma for dual-classing to a druid.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    This is also true in Icewind Dale. Seems weird to me, but I always assumed this was game designers way of saying "this class combination is ridiculously powerful and should be ridiculously hard to achieve".
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    I always thought of a F/C as being more powerful than a F/D anyway.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Yeah, this is true in every Baldur's Gate game, as well as Icewind Dale. I always assumed it was straight out of PnP. If it isn't, then yeah, it should be changed. Odd that nobody has brought it up before.
  • mister_ennuimister_ennui Member Posts: 98
    The 2E AD&D Player's Handbook states that the prime requisites of druids are wisdom and charisma. So the game is properly reflecting PnP.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Uh-oh, battle of the DnD rule-lawyers ahoy.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited January 2013
    PnP rule: Prime requirements of a Druid is Wisdom and Charisma. Minimal stats to be a Druid 12 Wis, 15 Chr. You must have 15 prime requirement of your class to dual from, and 17 of the primary requisite of the class you want to dual to. So, 15 Wis & 15 Chr to dual class from Druid, and must have 17 Wis and 17 Chr to dual-class to Druid.

BG rule: Exactly the same.