Skip to content

Request Mod - NCP Stat control with ingame character creation screen

DaveRoidDaveRoid Member Posts: 26
What I am talking about here is when an NCP joins your party the screen jumping to the new character creation screen with complete control over stats, available portraits, proficiency points and kits (with possible canon restrictions that the modder has decided should stay. ie Neera restricted to wild mage and other obvious things like names)

I have played BG over the last decade and have not found mod like this. First of all is there a mode like this available currently? (with ingame customization using the creation character screen). I think it would be a revolutionary mod if created and highly popular as it cuts down on so much time trying to use many different mods.

Comments

• DaveRoidDaveRoid Member Posts: 26
    Oh and is this even possible? poping up the creation screen when the NCP joins in game?
  • LugeLuge Member Posts: 90
    edited January 2013
    Well... No. The character creation routine is completely disconnected to the rest of the Infinity Engine.

L.
    Aww.. :(
  • MykraMykra Member Posts: 252
    edited January 2013
    It's not *exactly* what you are asking for, but when Sword Coast Stratagems releases soon it has a ToB NPC option that allows you to put all proficiency and skill points into NPC's when you get them, like you were creating them from the ground up. No control over stats or kits though.

If Level1NPC's is ever updated to BG:EE, it allows you to assign what class and/or what kit the NPC has as well.

Speaking of portraits, you can assign new portraits to them by simply dropping a correctly sized and labled portrait into your Portrait folder.

Take Jaheira for example - if you drop JaheiraL and JaheiraS into it, she gets a new portrait.

edited March 2013
    Well I tried to bring my single player save into a multiplayer save game so I could delete/Recreate my party members. The problem is I dont know how to link back AI scripts of the new created characters to the NCP AI (ie to make my created Imoen in multi player talk have have the AI of NCP Imoen. Since I delete the original Imoen in mplayer save anyway). Anyone know how to do this in shadow keeper or another program?

There are so many useless mods eveywhere but something like this doesn't exist. I want to have control over my NCP stats/class (within reason) the cleanest way possible. I have been at this for hours now. so frustrating :(

Can the developers possibly add this feature? it would add so much more fun to replyablity of the game.
    edited March 2013
    Edited: Ok I was over the line. Thanks for the link Kaeloree.
    Post edited by DaveRoid on
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    edited March 2013
    "Any competent game developer" would realise that actually, this feature involves quite a large amount of work that would be better spent on other features such as, say, ensuring the game is bug-free.

I know this is frustrating for you, but if you're actually interested in a mod that does something like this, saying stuff like that is pretty detrimental. With any luck Level 1 NPCs over at G3 will be updated to take BG:EE into account, but it's a very complex mod, so give it some time.

In the meantime, it's very easy to fire up the new EE Keeper and use that.