Skip to content

game freeze when dualclassing Druid(avenger)-->Fighter

tommytommy Member Posts: 401
edited January 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
normaly the avernger have a maximum strength of 16 (-2), for a Fighter is a minimum of 17 required.
With the Book of Strength you can get a Strength of 17, so that you can dualclass to a fighter

Current Behavior:
the game freeze when try to confirm the dualclassing to fighter (after selecting Fighter stats)

Expected Behavior:
dualclassing to Fighter should work without freeze
Post edited by tommy on

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    I couldn't reproduce the crash. Does it happen at a specific level? Are you using any mods?

If you haven't already, grab the .dmp file from Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\crash and e-mail it to dpennyway@beamdog.com along with what you just said.
  • Question: Were you by any chance in combat when the crash occurred? I tried to dual Imoen to Mage in the middle of a (paused) fight today, and it crashed while trying to bring up the spellbook screen.
  • tommytommy Member Posts: 401
    i pushed the bug from the German Forum, as i know he tried at Level 8. But i will ask for Version and a savegame.

And i missinterpret something, the game does not crash, the game is freezed
    edited January 2013
    ok version is v1.0.2012, a savegame will follow soon

i have missed something, very sorry for that, you can select the fighter class for dualclass, but when pushing the confirm button, after selecting the weapon professions the game freezes.
    i have a savegame, which produce the problem
    Kaigen said:

Question: Were you by any chance in combat when the crash occurred? I tried to dual Imoen to Mage in the middle of a (paused) fight today, and it crashed while trying to bring up the spellbook screen.

it was not in a combat, changing the area was also tried
    edited January 2013
    someone has figgured out, that after sleeping the dualclassing work as it should. So its a workaround for now