Skip to content

Manual of Bodily Health

Situation / example :

A level 8 fighter with constitution 19 and 95 hitpoints uses the Manual of Bodily Health to reach 20 in constitution.

Shouldn't he get extra hitpoints from that ? 1 per level = 8 ... so total HPs are 103 ?

I'm quite sure that's how it worked in the old BG, but if you use the Manual of Bodily Health in the above example, in BGEE you get nothing ....

bug ?

Comments

• griever0483griever0483 Member Posts: 129
    It's not a bug. When you increase your Costitution from 19 to 20 your charname will not gain HP bonus as you can see here.
    http://playithardcore.com/pihwiki/index.php?title=Baldur's_Gate:_Progression_Charts
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Yeah, 2E rules are not known for their logical, linear progression.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 3leeTbger3leeTbger Member Posts: 71
    regen bonus .... what's that ?
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    The Regen bonus means that you get one hit point back per minute (I think it is a minute). Anyway, it doesn't really help on a given board, but when traveling from map to map, a regenerating character will often heal up completely without the use of a cleric.

Kagain has a 20 CON and will regenerate in this manner.
  • PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295

The Regen bonus means that you get one hit point back per minute (I think it is a minute). Anyway, it doesn't really help on a given board, but when traveling from map to map, a regenerating character will often heal up completely without the use of a cleric.

I can verify that this will work on the grounds that the Ring of Regeneration in the second game essentially insta-heals between areas.

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

I can verify that this will work on the grounds that the Ring of Regeneration in the second game essentially insta-heals between areas.

It's pretty common knowledge bud.
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    do different regens stack?

ie con 20 regen+ring of regen+potion of regen=3 hp per minute (or whatever)

i know that some of these abilities have different regen rates, but will they stack?
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    @mjs Nope, no regen stacking whatsoever unfortunately. Whatever works the fastest is used.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Quartz said:

@mjs Nope, no regen stacking whatsoever unfortunately. Whatever works the fastest is used.

Actually, I'm pretty sure 2 sources of regen stack, as long as they both have the same rate.
  • hansolohansolo Member Posts: 136
    I thought it would stack as well.
    Someone willing to test it out ? :)