Skip to content

Branwen or Viconia :)

2»

Comments

• JurisJuris Member Posts: 113
    Being able to have a high rep is a big advantage for Bran over Vic. EE even fixed the stupidity of having neutrals complain when your rep got too high. Bran will constantly chirp about how awesome you are. Also, Bran->Yeslick is a smooth transition - Yeslick can use all of Bran's gear. However, I hate leaving Bran to die in the mines to trade for Yeslick...
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Juris said:

However, I hate leaving Bran to die in the mines to trade for Yeslick...

That's what Faldorn is for. ;-)

If it hasn't been mentioned yet, I would also point out that Branwen, as a non-evil cleric, can cast holy smite, which is a very useful lower level cleric spell. Evil clerics don't get access to this.
    Ardul
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited May 2014
    I've taken Branwen through the entire BG1 from start to end in my last run. In my opinion she is the most boring and mundane character in the Baldur's Gate series. She has absolutely nothing going for her with the exception of holy smite.

She is a poster girl for mediocre when it comes to everything.
  • toshirotoshiro Member Posts: 113
    For end game Brawen because she has holy smite, you'll find you do a lot of reloads for throne room because both the duke and duchess tend to get killed. So smite will weaken the the enemy enough so your companions who have crappy THAC0 can finish them off. Never did like the throne room scenario. Rather curious as to what their stats are.
    Eadwyn_G8keeper
  • toshirotoshiro Member Posts: 113
    I will admit Viconia is the only one I choose, for BG2. Though I don't like her ending if you marry her, wish they had changed it when they reworked the game
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    toshiro said:

For end game Brawen because she has holy smite, you'll find you do a lot of reloads for throne room because both the duke and duchess tend to get killed. So smite will weaken the the enemy enough so your companions who have crappy THAC0 can finish them off. Never did like the throne room scenario. Rather curious as to what their stats are.

Plus it has the benefit of potentially causing blindness. Even if it is for a short term.
  • Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
    edited August 2014
    SionIV said:

I've taken Branwen through the entire BG1 from start to end in my last run. In my opinion she is the most boring and mundane character in the Baldur's Gate series. She has absolutely nothing going for her with the exception of holy smite.

She is a poster girl for mediocre when it comes to everything.

Actually, that is one reason I am drawn to Branwen as opposed to Viconia. In combat situations I feel much more comfortable with a low-key taciturn group that seamlessly cooperates without the need for ego-expressions. A cadre that simply mows down the enemies, Clint Eastwood style, without ever saying a word.

That is so important to me that I have recently settled upon female Charnames because the Default Female voice-script is the only set that comes close to my nature.

Post edited by Eadwyn_G8keeper on
    SharGuidesMyHandlolien
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

Actually, that is one reason I am drawn to Branwen as opposed to Viconia. In combat situations I feel much more comfortable with a low-key taciturn group that seamlessly cooperates without the need for ego-expressions. A cadre that simply mows down the enemies, Clint Eastwood style, without ever saying a word.

Branwen is almost like a female version of Kivan in this regard, and it's no coincidence that if they're in the same party at the same time, they will repeatedly compliment each other's battle prowess. Branwen is one of the very, very few people or things in the entire game that Kivan has anything nice to say about.
    elminster