Skip to content

Player Circles

I'm new to the forums. I started playing the BG Enhanced Edition and there are no player circles around any of the characters, good, neutral or bad... nothing. Also, I can't see any hidden doorways outlined, or traps when located. I know the trap was found because it gave the little chime for when one is located, but something that is affecting the player circles is also making it so I cannot disarm traps. ANy suggestions? The latest update "says" that one of the improvements is to toggle the character circles on/off. I cannot find where to do that in the options menu. PLEASE HELP!

Comments

• CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    You can try checking what your Marker Feedback is set to in Options->Gameplay->Feedback, but that's probably not it if you just started. Can you tell us about your computer?
  • alaskaalaska Member Posts: 2
    I have a Toshiba PC Win 7, and I have been playing BG for quiet sometime, but i'm getting to the point that it's difficult to navigate if I can't disarm the traps, so I've actually been playing like this for a while. I did also go to the options - Gameplay - Feedback and checked and unchecked the markers... didn't work. I also deleted the whole game off my computer and re-downloaded it... same thing. I tried a new character figuring maybe it was a bug with my old character... no difference. Same thing, no character circles and unable to locate hidden doors or traps.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Are you using the Beamdog.com version, or the Steam version?

The Steam version doesn't include the latest (1.0.2012) patch, and may have some other quirks as well that may or may not stem from the Steam overlay. If you toggle "Hardware Mouse Cursor" in Options > Graphics, does that change anything for you?
  • alaskaalaska Member Posts: 2
    I'll check, but I do have the Beamog V