Skip to content

Cannot connect with PC or iPad, please assist

toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
Hello all!
So besides the fact that I am not computer savvy...at all practically, though I am fond of images and google search help...I have no idea how to enable my multiplayer.

When three devices are in the same room as my Windows 7 Desktop/iPad (and my Macbook running VMWareFusion ((aka Bootcamp Windows 7)) ) I can host a multiplayer game and join a multiplayer game. However, when attempting a long distance TCP/IP I discovered this did not work. So I tried a few things
-- First I realized that although another game (Diablo II) identified my IP address as one thing, a Google search for "what's my IP" gave me a completely different result. Unsure which one to use.
-- Similar issue on my iPad, when I go to my WiFi network it gives me an IP address. A Google search for "what's my IP" gave me the same "completely different result" as my Windows search.
-- Next I opened up my firewall, allowed Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition to pass through (Public and Home/Work (Private) ). This did not help.
-- Then I went to Inbound Rules in "Advanced Settings" and enabled all options for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. This did not help.

Now I can give furhter step-by-step instructions of the exact order I did things, and I can also provide screenshots if necessary. I am not great with computers, as I said, and would really just like to experience multiplayer without having to be within 10 ft of the people I am playing with. Any help would be much appreciated, and I will try to be as intelligent as possible when listening to said help.

Thanks in advance!

TL;DR
Help, I suck at computers and can't connect to multiplayer after trying a bunch of stuff. iPad can't either, how do I do it?