Skip to content

A Baldur's Gate or Forgotten Realms cartoon?

Talin_SilverbaneTalin_Silverbane Member Posts: 34
Well so far Hasbro has been doing well with it new shows on the Hub and have been revisiting their old stuff. So far we've seen My little Pony: Friendship is Magic (Which is awesome), a new Transformer cartoon (Which I never watched) and they even made a movie about bloodly Battleship (Which sucks). So...why in the name of Tymora is there no new D&D Cartoon? You would think that would be a great way to get people back to playing it instead of Pathfinder and maybe use it as a way to introduce new things they will add in 5th Edition. So what this got to do with Baldur's Gate? Well why not base the cartoon on that? There a lot within the game that could easily be made into episodes and don't tell you none of you would love to see more interactions between the party members. Well that what I think anyway, what do you lot think about seeing a cartoon series of Baldur's Gate or at least one based within the Forgotten Realms setting?

Comments

• hfmhfm Member Posts: 8
    Well so far Hasbro has been doing well with it new shows on the Hub and have been revisiting their old stuff. So far we've seen My little Pony: Friendship is Magic (Which is awesome), a new Transformer cartoon (Which I never watched) and they even made a movie about bloodly Battleship (Which sucks). So...why in the name of Tymora is there no new D&D Cartoon? You would think that would be a great way to get people back to playing it instead of Pathfinder and maybe use it as a way to introduce new things they will add in 5th Edition. So what this got to do with Baldur's Gate? Well why not base the cartoon on that? There a lot within the game that could easily be made into episodes and don't tell you none of you would love to see more interactions between the party members. Well that what I think anyway, what do you lot think about seeing a cartoon series of Baldur's Gate or at least one based within the Forgotten Realms setting?
    There is an animated version of the first Dragonlance book with Raistlin (Dragons of Autumn Twilight or something). Would be pretty cool to at least see versions of the Drizzt stuff.
  • IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    As i wrote also in the Movie Thread.. I do not think that some Movie or Cartoon would be awesome, the chance to make things worse is much higher as the chance to do something right ;)
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    A Baldurs Gate cartoon?

Covered in blood, our hero and his party CharName walk into the inn "Ah, what a good day it is ol' friends! Ah! A brigand approaches". Our hero quickly swings his mighty mace into the face of the vile brigand, his whole body exploding, chunks of his remains bouncing around whilst blood trickles down the camera.

Seems child friendly.
    NICE!!

** now try to descripe Jon Irenicus's Turture Room ;)
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    A Baldurs Gate cartoon?

Covered in blood, our hero and his party CharName walk into the inn "Ah, what a good day it is ol' friends! Ah! A brigand approaches". Our hero quickly swings his mighty mace into the face of the vile brigand, his whole body exploding, chunks of his remains bouncing around whilst blood trickles down the camera.

Seems child friendly.
    Hell, I'd watch it. A combination of Korgoth of Barbaria and the good old D&D cartoon...count me in!
  • CadrosCadros Member Posts: 253
    Maybe a drawn cartoon similar to what was done for dragon age, build a bit of hype?
  • sozcapssozcaps Member Posts: 16
    The Dragon Age and the Dragon Lance cartoons were awful. I'd prefer more real books about the Bhaalspawn.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I would cry myself to sleep if I ever heard someone doing this. D&D doesn't exactly have the best track record for tv adaptions.
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    Not all cartoons have to be child friendly.

South Park immediately comes to mind. Family Guy, Drawn Together, Aqua Team Hunger Force. Ren And Stimpy could be outright gruesome and it was on a network supposedly for children!

I could take it or leave it tbh.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428

South Park immediately comes to mind. Family Guy, Drawn Together, Aqua Team Hunger Force. Ren And Stimpy could be outright gruesome and it was on a network supposedly for children!

So you want a Baldur's Gate cartoon with satirical and raunchy humor?

That's not what I said. I just said a few examples of cartoons that were violent. I could name some violent animes that aren't satire to prove my point as well.

Now that I think of it, a Baldur's Gate parodical satire would be hilarious if it were done right.
    Baldur's Gate is not a very dark game. It has many lighthearted moments.
  • willmcclure72willmcclure72 Member Posts: 16
    A Baldurs Gate cartoon?

Seems child friendly.
    Who said it had to be child friendly, i always imaged baldurs gate as a anime, kinda like Claymore. that would be hectick
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    I mentioned Korgoth of Barbaria, I wouldn't mind if they did it (somewhat) in that style (though with less focus on the hyper-sexualisation of women). I can see Minsc flipping out at the five minute mark.

Note; link contains extreme violence and some adult-themed humor, though nothing that'll corrupt your childhood.
    How about something like Lodoss War?
  • Talin_SilverbaneTalin_Silverbane Member Posts: 34
    The Dragon Age and the Dragon Lance cartoons were awful. I'd prefer more real books about the Bhaalspawn.
    There already a novel about the Bhaalspawn and trust me, it make Twilight seem like a work of art.
    There already a novel about the Bhaalspawn and trust me, it make Twilight seem like a work of art.
    C'mon, it can't be that bad.

C'mon, it can't be that bad.
    I'm thinking of a witty retort to prove just how bad they are, but those books aren't worth wit.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    I mentioned Korgoth of Barbaria, I wouldn't mind if they did it (somewhat) in that style (though with less focus on the hyper-sexualisation of women). I can see Minsc flipping out at the five minute mark.

Note; link contains extreme violence and some adult-themed humor, though nothing that'll corrupt your childhood.
    Nice @Drugar! I actually watched it all...!

• CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    How about something like Lodoss War?
    Polar Bear's Cafe, set in Candlekeep. Just a Winthrop, Imoen, and load of doppelgangers.
  • beerflavourbeerflavour Member Posts: 117

I remember some unofficial comics related to baldur's gate. But I don't find any more links to it (stupid internet). One of those comics was rather funny and featured some drow cleric called Teagan (viconia clone?).