Skip to content

No Character or Trap Markers

While playing BGEE, I've noticed that some of the markers that are supposed to be around characters and traps don't appear properly. Under the Gameplay->Feedback setting, I have "Marker Feedback" set to the far right (which the graphic suggests is maximum), yet no ellipsoid markers appear under characters under any circumstance. At first I was okay with this, but it also appears that detected traps do not have any indication of location, which means I have to comb the screen with my thief skills cursor until I figure out where the trap is.

I'm running the game on Windows 7. If there's some hardware or driver issue that might cause this, I'll figure out my other system info to post once I find it.

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Shoot me an email (support [at] beamdog.com) and I'll take a look. It may be an issue with your drivers not being completely up to date, or it might be something else. We'll figure it out together. :)
  • insaneworldinsaneworld Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm new to the forums, so I hope this is the right place to post this. I've had BGEE for a while now, and I've had the same problem every time I play. That is, there's no fog of war. Maps are completely revealed from the first time I enter the game. Also, there are no circles, multicolored or all green, around my heroes. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, but it makes knowing what parts of the map you've explored difficult. Last, and probably most problematic, traps and the like don't show up. Even during the tutorial, when it tells me to search for traps, I "find" the trap, but, it is not revealed to make. Makes figuring out how/where to disable them. I'm sure there are other features I'm missing, but don't know they should be there.

Please, HELP!

Sincerely,
    insaneworld
  • insaneworldinsaneworld Member Posts: 1
    Oops. Just posted something similar. I'm having the same problem, and have been since release on BeamDogg.
  • Jackkel_DragonJackkel_Dragon Member Posts: 103
    edited February 2013

Oops. Just posted something similar. I'm having the same problem, and have been since release on BeamDogg.

In my case, I had BGEE running with the default Intel graphics drivers instead of my NVIDIA main drivers. You might want to try checking the graphics driver being used if that's applicable.

• RedandDreadRedandDread Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    HI

I'm also new to the forum and am having the identical issues to Jackkel_Dragon & insaneworld. However, the problem did seem to correct itself (how, I'm not sure ), however, I'm back to square one again and no ellipsoid markers or traps, chests and other highlighted interactions with items in the game. I downloaded the game on STEAM.