Skip to content

Recruting new charcters to my party (HP problem)

satyrionsatyrion Member Posts: 104
When i lvl up i always put the difficulty from Core to easy to get max HP gain. When i however meet a new character i want to recruit, lets say Minsc for example and i recruit him when he is lvl 5. Is there any way to make sure he has gotten max hp gain each lvl?

I dont want a lvl 5 Minsc with 20 HP's. Is it best to just recruit characters when they are lvl 1 to get max HP gain? Recruiting high lvl characters always seem to have very low HP and than become useless compared to the typical starting chars you find at lvl 1 who had max HP gain since lvl 1.

Comments

• MathmickMathmick Member Posts: 326
    Characters have preset stats (HP, Thief Skills, Proficiencies) for each character level they spawn as. Maximum HP typically only happens at level 1, so pick them up as early as possible to make sure they get maximum HP (Whether from low difficulty or spam reloading), and also to place proficiencies/thief skills where you want.
    satyrion
  • MykraMykra Member Posts: 252
    BG2Tweaks has a maximum NPC HP option. I've never used it as I like to randomize and just deal with it, but it sounds like it would do what you want?
  • ZarakinthishZarakinthish Member Posts: 214
    The other option, as is pointed out in so many other questions, is to use Shadowkeeper once you have the NPC in your party. You could also edit copies of NPC CRE files with Near Infinity and place them in your override folder. That is a more permanent solution, but you of course need to know how to edit the files.
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    Yes, unfortunately, the best solution is to recruit them ASAP.

You can keep gaining experience, but do not clic "level up" untill you have found all the NPC you need. Then, you'll be able, for instance, to get a level 1 Minsc, even if you have enough XP to be level 3.
    mjs