Skip to content

44 Priest Kit

2»

Comments

• certuscertus Member Posts: 52
    @mordeus any updates? This looks really promising.
    Have you given any thought to allowing multiclass clerics to select a kit at character creation? Does this fit into p&p as i thought that logically you would need a deity no matter if you were single class or not.

Cheers
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    @certus:

This has become a joint project with Requiem. We have progressed quite far but at the moment we are keeping our cards close to our chest because there are still some bits to work on. We are discussing at the moment about releasing a beta version in two weeks from now. Maybe a teaser thread in a week.

It all depends on what form our first release will take. We are capping the limit of kits at 25 for the first release, with further updates bringing additional kits. If there is demand for a certain kind of kit then that will be prioritized. The problem is not so much reaching that 25 kit target since we are well over halfway there but whether or not the cosmetic touches like spell icons, descriptions, etc... will be done in two weeks.

We're thinking of doing Multi-Class kits as that is indeed possible but the problem there is that the Kit Description and Main Title becomes that of a default Cleric/Thief or Ranger/Cleric. So it takes away from the immersion a little. Not to mention the Kit Description is vital in describing the limits of the kit, especially when some specialty priests have very niche restrictions. So you'll sooner see Ranger or Druid based Specialty Priests than Multi-Classed ones at the moment. Luckily since we are taking inspiration from the supplements of Faith and Avatars, Pantheon and Powers and Demi-Human Deities, most of the kits described are single classed.

But yes the kits are about as true to p&p as possible, we've neglected the kits that cannot be faithfully modded. Although we have taken some liberties when it comes to the spells but that is because having restrictions of once per day on spells that took ages to make seemed like alot of wasted effort.

There's some other stuff not discussed here before that has been added in but that'll become clearer in the coming weeks. Don't want to give away too much just yet.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    You and Requiem are working together for this project? I'm smiling from ear to ear right now.:-) Sorcerers can also have kits now, but I'm sure you already know about that. Anything this mod has to say about that?:D
    Illustair said:

You and Requiem are working together for this project? I'm smiling from ear to ear right now.:-) Sorcerers can also have kits now, but I'm sure you already know about that. Anything this mod has to say about that?:D

Funnily enough, we are eyeing sorcerers next. That will be the next big project of around 5 very different mage kits that approach magic in very different ways. I'm not going to spill all the details about them just yet. Don't want to overshadow the Specialty Priests but I will say that not all of them come from West Faerun.

I also want to get some 2ed demi-bards implemented fairly soon, namely the Elven Minstrel, Dwarven Chanter, Halfling Whistler and Gnome Professor. Funnily enough 2ed rules lets Dwarves be Skalds, and Halfling/Gnomes be Jesters. I also want fix up the Jester to how it was originally meant to be, Skalds and Blades are pretty faithful so they can stay as is. Then also the Jongleur, Charlatan and Meistersinger bard kits too. Bards are my favourite class, so this piece of the kitpack is something I've wanted to do for a long time.

We are slowly going to extend our reach to pretty much every class. Still there's some stuff leftover to do for the priest kitpack. I think Requiem has finished all of his kits while I have some work left on the Beast Cult deities. Then there are the generalist priest spells to do with their icons.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Oh sure, sure...no need to give more details. I'm already too excited right now reading your post, just a little more and I could burst!
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Need we chose between your kitpack and Rogue Rebalancing in the future then, for improving on the bard way, or will your mod be compatible with it?

Gnome professor sounds just the way I imagine them to be (up till now I choose Illusionist if I want a scientist-like gnome).
  • callimachuscallimachus Member Posts: 86
    There is another source for divine-type kits in the FR that you have not mentioned, which made me wonder if you are aware of it, it's called "Warriors and Priests of the Realms" It was published before the three books you refer to, and contains one or more kits for a large number of the human deities of the FR.
    @callimachus: I've been considering using that, the only problem is the information for each kit is really quite basic in comparison to the Faith & Avatars styled kits. Though it might be handy when it comes to making an Umberlee kit, for that kit it would be a pieced together effort of Faith & Avatars, Warriors and Priests of the Realms and Prayers of the Faithful. At the moment taking it only from Faith & Avatars gives the Umberlee kits that are only viable in ocean settings but WAPOTR gives it some wizard spells and POTF gives it some trident creating spells.
  • callimachuscallimachus Member Posts: 86
    @Mordeus: Personally, I found the Milil kit in W&P to be far more exciting than the one in F&A...
  • The_Shairs_HandbookThe_Shairs_Handbook Member Posts: 219
    edited March 2013
    Hello @Mordeus
    will you add Hoar and sharess??? they are very logical Priest of sword coast....

What happend to Hoar the god of Revenge, retribution, poetic justice???? I want play his cleric (Doombringers)
    and what about Sharess the godess of Hedonism, excess, lust, sensual fulfillment, festhalls, cats, pleasure seekers??? she have alot of temples in Sword coast and it is very wierd to not se any of her followers or temples in Bg1 and BG2... so playing a Sensates (Cleric) of Sharess should be a blast :)

"Sharess is worshiped in large urban areas such as Waterdeep, Calimport, and other cities along the Sword Coast"

http://www.nj-pbem.com/data/Gods/humangods/Hoar.htm

http://www.nj-pbem.com/data/Gods/humangods/Sharess.htm