Skip to content

ConTEXT settings and Parse Errors

CorsymyrCorsymyr Member Posts: 146
I was wondering if there is a link to how to setup ConTEXT to be compatible with the making of TP2 files? When I was using Notepad I would get a lot of parsing errors ~~, so I switched to ConTEXT, but now I am getting them again. Is WeiDU case sensitive? I ask because I get different errors when I use Uppercase or Lowercase.

Parse error (state 816) at ~~

[SETUP-SHAMAN.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 59 column 1-28
Near Text: ~COPY SHAMAN\SPL\CALLCS.SPL~
GLR parse error

[SETUP-SHAMAN.TP2] ERROR at line 59 column 1-28
Near Text: ~COPY SHAMAN\SPL\CALLCS.SPL~
Parsing.Parse_error

This is line 59 column 1-28 in the TP2 file
~COPY SHAMAN\SPL\CALLCS.SPL~ ~OVERRIDE\CALLCS.SPL~

If I switch to lowercase, then I get error at line 1 ~sbackup~.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Comments

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Can you post the actual or attach your tp2? There are no settings in ConTEXT, at least I have never had to set anything special. The errors you are seeing are with the TP2 somewhere.
  • CorsymyrCorsymyr Member Posts: 146
    Here is the TP2 File. Thanks, any help would be appreciated.
    edited January 2013
    @Cuv One more time with feeling ... Here is the file

Got it ~~ .... I guess I was staring at the code too long

Thanks so much!
    Post edited by Corsymyr on
  • cmorgancmorgan Member Posts: 707
    We have highlighters and custom language setups for ConTEXT, NotePad++, Crimson Editor, jEdit, and a few other code/text editors available at gibberlings3.net; the one area where things still are a little in need of tweaking is finding those darned missing/doubles tildes. Luckily, with ConTEXT, you can set string delimiters and play about, which can lead you to the problem!
    Heya @Corsymyr Your attachment isnt showing up for me. Did you solve this?
    @Cuv I did ... thanks for asking! It was a misplacement of a ~. Strangely enough I had it on the line below the text, so it was ignored.

@cmorgan The highligther was the trick for finding the error!

Thanks to both of you for all the help. The kit is almost ready to release, and it even has a Familiar that levels when you do (up to 20).
    Great! Look forward to seeing the mod
    @Cuv @Cmorgan do either of you know of a way to limit the spells memorizable per day by 50% (or any percentage)? I know how to remove spells from the spellbook, but I would like to be able to create a condition that reduces the spells per day by a percentage.

i.e. if spell progression at level XX is;

4/4/2/2/1

then reduce by 50% becomes

2/2/1/1/0

TIA
    @Corsymyr I don't know if that is possible in a straightforward way. Might be doable in a very long workaround with a script to do it, will have to give it some thought.
    @ Cuv I thought about using Opcode 62 (Evermemory Ring) with a negative value but it doesn't seem to work (or I am using it incorrectly). Eventually I will get it!
    @Corsymyr Oooh! that is a good idea to try. You might have to put it on an item that is equiped via script. I have never tried what you are suggesting... if you want it bad enough, you will find a way! Heh
  • cmorgancmorgan Member Posts: 707
    @Corsymyr - glad the highlighters helped!

On the spells memorizable limitation, all I can think of is creating a new kit that restricts the allowable spells. Zrayen and another modder (I can't remember who) had some fun with swappable kits, too, but I don't remember the details. This sounds like Serious Opcode Knower territory, so hopefully someone will wander by who can get you closer to an answer.
    @Cmorgan ... never did get the solution I wanted, so I opted to reduce the spell selection per level, and slow the casting speed. All in all, it worked out well. The kit is released and hopefully it will go over well. I haven't run through the entire game yet, but so far it feels very good w/a party of 4.

Thanks again for the tip on the Highlighter ... life is so much easier with it!