ultimate BG2:EE party!

male human, elf, or half elf pc
jaheira
aerie
viconia
neera
dorn

let the catfight (and dorn) commence!

also, choose dorn as the romance. sorry ladies, but gay bhaalspawn is not interested :D

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    cute love hexangle you got there :P
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    edited January 2013
    Evil party hoedown:

Dorn
    Sarevok (Korgan in SoA)
    New evil female thief (assassin?)
    Viconia
    Edwin
    CHARNAME

Holy crap that looks like a strong team. CHARNAME could be any class and that group would still kick ass.
  • ItstucktwiceItstucktwice Member Posts: 182
    edited January 2013
    I want to be excited for the assassin, but pure class thieves aren't of much use in BG2. I think it is more the option of having one that is important. Pure class thieves are pretty lackluster as a class, but since there is a lack of effective thieving skills in BG2, it makes her more desirable.

I am more excited about the Evil/Female part of than the assassin part of her.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    In all fairness, while it's been confirmed that there will be an evil female thief, her kit hasn't actually been remarked on. Everyone is assuming assassin because it seems thematically consistent with an evil thief, and we already (kinda) have a bounty hunter in the game. She could quite easily be a Swashbuckler, or a new kit entirely.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    I'd bet the new NPC would be a Shadowdancer though.
  • MykraMykra Member Posts: 252
    edited February 2013
    It's funny that even though I play a good guy, the super team is shaping up to be an evil one imo.

PC Char
    Korgan or Dorn
    Baeloth
    Edwin
    Viconia
    Whomever the new evil female thief is.

Seems nasty.

I usually play with PC Arcane caster, Keldorn, Jaehira, Yoshimo then Imoen, Viconia, and the last spot as a float for quests. That evil party looks like it would mess me up.
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    @mykra

has baeloth been confirmed for BG2:EE?
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    @mjs i guess it is probable considering they seem to want to carry over all the new characters.

lol everybody seems to be seriously thinking of the ultimate party. i just thought of how we now have enough romance characters to fill up the party, and thought it would be funny to have all these women fighting and also have gay dorn. oh well, doesn't matter :)
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    It isn't the "Ultimate party" unless there is Beer. And chicks. and clothing optional Twister. Just sayin.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Mykra said:

It's funny that even though I play a good guy, the super team is shaping up to be an evil one imo.

PC Char
    Korgan or Dorn
    Baeloth
    Edwin
    Viconia
    Whomever the new evil female thief is.

Seems nasty.

I usually play with PC Arcane caster, Keldorn, Jaehira, Yoshimo then Imoen, Viconia, and the last spot as a float for quests. That evil party looks like it would mess me up.

Play evil then, it's more fun :-)
    I think one of the best things about playing evil is how little the game wants you to do it.
    edited February 2013
    @Eudaemonium, so you like the challenge? is that what you are saying?

I have to agree that it takes a degree of micro-management and imagination to play an Evil party. And I think as a nod to that, they gave a boost to the level/power of evil parties, at least in BG1 they did.

I am not sure if this is the "Ultimate party", but I usually go with

Charname - Wizard
    Viconia - Love interest
    Aerie - PITA, but interesting and powerful (and sometimes replaced by Jaheira)
    Minsc - The muscle
    Firecam - The Other muscle
    Jan - Comic relief.
    @the_spyder, I think it's more that my inner rebel gets a sense of accomplishment from doing the opposite of what the game wants me to do (i.e. be the hero). That and my favourite characters are pretty much all evil, so I just decided to give in to temptation and follow suit.

I always take Viconia, and Edwin, and then *Spoiler* in ToB. The others vary a fair bit depending on what my PC is.
    Vi is hands down my favorite NPC. She is in most of my parties when I can fit her in. And I ALWAYS romance her in BG2/ToB.

OTH, I have only ever had Edwin in my group in BG2. Never in BG1. I just love the antics he gets up to in pursuit of that scroll. Beyond that, Tiax is another favorite of mine. As is Jan. And this play through, I am finding (for the first time) that I really REALLY appreciate Shar-Teel.

The 'goodies' are OK, but no where near as interesting, except Minsc. Khalid and 'the little wife' are just so boring. I honestly call Branwen, Bran-flakes. And although i do appreciate Kivan, he has almost no personality to speak of. Ajantis is OK.

Firecam is another exception, but primarily because of his power. And also because of his interactions with Viconia and Jan.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I'm in the same boat. I play evil because I like the characters better. Most seem more rounded and not so stereotype. Most of my favorite characters in fiction are tragic villains, well-meaning extremists and other shades of "evil", and that's not different in BG.
    I'm probably one of the few people who likes both Kagain and Korgan, I'm an Edwin fanboy, I like Dorn and see little risk that his romance will be a cheesefest of poetry and angst, and Baeloth will - hopefully - give Edwin a run for the comic relief money. I do not like Viconia (for snobby lingustic reasons, mostly), but usually take her along anyway (or Cernd fills in as healer).
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    I tend to view the ultimate party as one with a specific balance between melee, arcane casting, divine casting and thief skills. So my evil party for BG2EE will be Dorn and Korgan on the front lines (unless the devs come up with a more interesting replacement for Korgan), Baeloth for spellcasting (or Neera if Baeloth can't be recruited again), Viconia as the party cleric and - assuming this is actually going to happen - the new evil female thief.

(And I really hope that's a sure thing, because I honestly don't know what I'd do in the thieving department otherwise - Yoshimo's useful enough, but eventually I'd have to rely on Jan, and he wouldn't fit with this particular group at all...)
    Mr Firecam is, indeed, pretty epic. He's probably my favourite of the 'goodies' in BG2. As for Edwin, I dunno, he's been my favourite character since BG1. I have no idea what it was about him, considering nobody in BG1 really has much personality beyond very simple characterisations.
    edited February 2013
    @Eudaemonium, So here is a question for you. My original "Plan" was to take my evil party through BG1 as being:

Charname - Half Orc Fighter/Thief
    Viconia
    Kagain
    Shar-Teel

I also start out with Xzar and Monty with the plan to eventually switch them out for Edwin and Tiax, but I am having a hard time deciding when to do the split. I recently finished Nashkal mines and then went over to pick up the Tome of Leadership (being vague, but you can understand the importance I am sure).

But somewhere along the lines I picked up a mithril ring and I understand that is part of Xzar's quest. Should I:

(a) finish up Xzar's quest?
    (b) dump him and Monty sooner
    (c) try and dump Kagain (even though my party is balanced perfectly for my play style) in favor of 2 wizards?

Any thoughts?

Edit: I won't drop Vi or Shar-Teel no matter what. I am just loving them too much.
    Again, I agree with @Eudaemonium. On paper, so to speak, Keldorn is everything I hate (good high and mighty paladin), but he just gives the stereotype a twist that makes him not a stereotypical paladin. He makes something I thought was very boring and overdone in fantasy interesting again.

@the_spyder: Two mages works well for me if you split the spells. In this case, I'd make Xzar the debuffer and Edwin the fireworker. With your charname, you can cover the frontline with Viconia and Shar-Teel. I'd do that, but I'm very very fond of Xzar, so I'm very very biased.
    @the_spyder: I assume you are playing with the NPC project (for Xzar's quest), in which case his quest doesn't actually end until you reach Baldur's Gate, so finishing it up quickly is kinda out of the question (that said, there is another part of the quest in the cloud peaks that you might want to do first, before dropping him). Of course, swapping them out for Tiax will also come fairly late, seeing as where you usually recruit him (assuming you have not altered it).

The issues really comes down to whether your play style is good for 2 wizards, or whether you need the extra fighter. You have Shar-Teel and your Charname for damage, and Viconia is a pretty good tank due to her high dex and AC. She can't take as much of a beating as Kagain, sure, but often I find she doesn't need to. Are you primarily using Kagain as a tank or as another damager?
    I am using Charname as an almost faux Assassin. He will sneak in and deliver the opening blow against enemy mages and the like, thus removing them from the equation.

So that means that Shar-Teel and Kagain are my main tanks. I "Historically" usually run with one wizard, one cleric, one thief and three meat shields, so I don't generally try two wizards till BG2. But then the party "is" pretty tank heavy as it is, including Vi as a potential Wall. So it is a thought. And once I get the Manual of Health, i will again have a regenerator, so...

And yes, NPC project, but no EE. Only Classic via Tutu.

thanks for the input both of you.
  • RedWizardRedWizard Member Posts: 242
    Charname, Viconia, Korgan, Edwin, Dorn, Baeloth
    Crap, I don't really want to make a thief charname, so I guess I'll trade Edwin for the supposed new evil thief, I just love Baeloth's personality. Besides I'll be a mage anyway. so I guess I can handle not having Edwin's amulet of cheese. Baeloth will probably be enough for all my cheesy needs anyways.
    @RedWizard: With charname being a mage, you lack of a thief. I'd rather trade a caster for the new thief.
  • AnaximanderAnaximander Member Posts: 191
    CN --->>NE Female Gnome ftr/illus long swords, flail/morningstar
    Dorn covers all the Great Sword Halberd Spear stuff
    Jan ... decent
    Neera (I'd say Edwin but we don't want any lawful types ...)
    Baeloth here we go underdark!!
    Viconia Ditto!

Lol 4 arcane casters