Skip to content

(Possible Bug) - "Rat Damage" Calculation Showing Up?

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
edited February 2013 in Not An Issue
I have Feedback, "Show To Hit Rolls" set to On. Still, I'm not sure that this damage calculation for rats should be showing up (see screenshot below). It shows what damage you do (always 2) then it shows a number its subtracting, to give the result of "2" every time (example in screenshot is 18-16). In the past, you would just do 2 damage (it wouldn't show the subtraction that the game does). Not sure why this would have been added. Just confusing really. If its by design, then just forget about it.

Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    This happens on more than just rats.
    I've seen it on Skeletons and even Hobgoblins.
    The additional bracketed numbers never made any sense to me, so I've just been ignoring them.

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited February 2013
    I've always thought that the first number in the bracket was your total damage roll, while the second number was the amount of damage subtracted due to resistances. I remember seeing the same thing with the rats, which I don't understand, but other than that I only noticed it in cases where it made sense, like skeletons resisting slashing/piercing damage, or one of my characters with fire resistance resisting some of the damage from a fireball.
    Post edited by TJ_Hooker on
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Rats have 90% damage resistance to most weapon damage.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    CamDawg said:

Rats have 90% damage resistance to most weapon damage.

Man, if Bhaal was smart he would have made Bhaal-Rat-Spawn instead of wasting his time on Humans and Elves and the like!
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Yeah, BG2 Tweaks' Max HP Creatures component makes those rats a major PITA, since they get bumped up to 6 HP.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Moved to not an issue