Skip to content

Making ankheg armor question....

I made 1 suit of ankheg armor and went back to make another one but he wont do it no more....is this right or should he make as many suits as you have skins for him?
Im patched to the latest version(6) and only had 1 ankheg skin when i tried to make it and i had 4000 gold in my inventory.

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    No, that's normal. He only makes you one suit.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    There is another...
  • qwert_44643qwert_44643 Member Posts: 311
    Corvino said:

There is another...

yeah i found the one in the farmers field :)

• CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    2's your lot then I fear. It's not as good as full plate anyway, so stick with that on anyone with the strength.
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    Yup. @Corvino is absolutely right... Unless I totally missed something in BG:EE (But I don't think I did)
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    How many shells do you need to bring him before he'll make you one?

And does haggling on the reward for them ever work?
  • MykraMykra Member Posts: 252
    PugPug said:

How many shells do you need to bring him before he'll make you one?

And does haggling on the reward for them ever work?

Only one shell. You have to refuse his offer to purchase the shell, and then he makes the offer to smith the suit for you.

• WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    You can sell him as many shells as you wish for $500 each but you have to drop all but one from your inventory to sell one at a time (or he will take all you have for the $500) - once you accept his offer to make the armor he will not buy anymore - I usually like to sell enough to pay for the armor before asking him to make it...
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited February 2013
    Wanderon said:

You can sell him as many shells as you wish for $500 each but you have to drop all but one from your inventory to sell one at a time (or he will take all you have for the $500) - once you accept his offer to make the armor he will not buy anymore - I usually like to sell enough to pay for the armor before asking him to make it...

It looks like Taerom behaviour may have been changed by a recent patch (maybe v2011).

In my current game (BGEE v2012) I was able to sell shells one at the time without having to drop them all but one.

Also it looks like now you can keep selling shells or get the armour done without any time limit. Previously IIRC he would not buy anymore and he would refuse to make the armour after a certain amount (40?) of days from the first dialogue involving ankheg shells.

Finally, now you can keep selling shells also after the armour has been made.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I noticed that, too. The issue where you have to drop all but one seems gone.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Erg said:

Wanderon said:

It looks like Taerom behaviour may have been changed by a recent patch (maybe v2011).

In my current game (BGEE v2012) I was able to sell shells one at the time without having to drop them all but one.

Also it looks like now you can keep selling shells or get the armour done without any time limit. Previously IIRC he would not buy anymore and he would refuse to make the armour after a certain amount (40?) of days from the first dialogue involving ankheg shells.

Finally, now you can keep selling shells also after the armour has been made.
    Good to know - I'm guessing he will still only make one set?

• ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Wanderon said:

Good to know - I'm guessing he will still only make one set?

Yep, only one set.