Skip to content

Jaheira got chunked and I could still revive her??

Well the subject line pretty much sums it up... Jaheira got chunked by the Iron Throne assassins and I could still raise her at the Nashkel temple. (I usually play no reload, so a chunked character is gone for good) Has anyone else had this happen?... is this a bug?

I've already confirmed that my difficulty slider was in fact set to "Core Rules", right in the middle of the difficulty slider, so that isn't it. Thoughts?

Comments

• KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    edited February 2013
    Well, if she got chunked, her portrait should disappear, which should disallow you reviving her.
    If it disappeared, how did you manage to revive her?
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    edited February 2013
    To be honest, not being able to revive her after she's being chunked, is garbage and goes against the PnP rules. Not sure if the rules of ADnD are different in that matter, so if I'm wrong, someone correct me.

In PnP, you can bring anyone back to life, not with Raise Dead but with Resurrect, if you have any portion of their body with you.
    Which means that even if they were chunked, the characters could get a piece of their hair or finger and be able to resurrect them.

And to be honest, being chunked doesn't make much sense to me. Being slashed with a sword, in half, shouldn't chunk you. No weapon should be able to chunk you in (A)DnD.

I prefer if you could bring them back to life even if they're chunked, personally.
  • mzorichmzorich Member Posts: 34
    Kirkor said:

Well, if she got chunked, her portrait should disappear, which should disallow you reviving her.
    If it disappeared, how did you manage to revive her?

Her portrait didn't disappear... I knew something was wrong right away when her body parts were bouncing all over the battlefield, yet her portrait was still there, grayed-out.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Do you have any mods installed?
    edited February 2013
    Jalily said:

Do you have any mods installed?

No mods... definitely set to "Core Rules" where perma-death is allowed... who knows?? I wish I would've paid closer attention to the damage Jaheira took to "chunk" her to see if it should've happened. At the end of the day, not a big deal at all, just curious whether it was a one off or if there is a bug with perma-death. (since I'm one of the people who actually likes it!)
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Do you have a savegame while Jaheira is dead? (To upload, zip it up and click "Attach a file" below the comment box.)
    Jalily said:

Do you have a savegame while Jaheira is dead? (To upload, zip it up and click "Attach a file" below the comment box.)

No I don't, sorry. If this happens again though I'll let you know. Thanks for your help! Jaheira narrowly escaped with her life this time...
    Hey, I just did a test and brought Jaheira down to 1 life and made my Barbarian Charname go into a rage and attack her. Surprisingly, I made Jaheira lose 16 and 17 life a few times and she didn't chunk (which kind of debunks the -10 HP hypothesis). Then, my Charname critical hit Jaheira for 30 and she exploded all over and her portrait disappeared for perma-death... so it's working!

So in conclusion, it must've just been a one off the first time for who knows what reason??
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    Or, there was a monster near Jaheira, who got chunked at the same time as she died?
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    I thought wearing a helmet prevented criticals and being chunked?