Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

BG:EE 2 Sarevok epilouge

RaphielDrakeRaphielDrake Member Posts: 41
edited February 2013 in Archive (Feature Requests)
So you can place him under oath or let him roam free, treat him with cruelty or kindness, turn him good or keep him evil... but it has no effect on the epilouge. At all.

I mean you could say the same about Viconia really. Neutral, Evil, doesn't effect the epilogue either way.
Thats just not on. Something as major as changing someones world view should totally effect their actions.

Now I know any existing writing in-game can't be changed BUT, you are allowed to add writing in if it doesn't alter anything already present. Right? Well, make Sarevoks "tortured soul" bollocks the evil epilogue and add in a new "good" epilogue. Possibly one where his woman isn't dead because quite frankly I didn't kill her and I'm not sure any good character would. Same with Viconia only her ending was kind of nice if I remember right so maybe add in an evil alternative.
Otherwise whats the point?

Phyrax[Deleted User]ScooterShapiroKeatsDarkMageelminster

Comments

  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    edited February 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Agreed. I always wondered what Sarevok's bad ending was.

  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416

    Possibly one where his woman isn't dead because quite frankly I didn't kill her and I'm not sure any good character would.

    Wait, is there a way to NOT kill Tamoko? Besides incapacitating her and leaving her in the Undercity? I've never seen a way to not kill her without running away from her.

  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 274
    edited February 2013
    Madhax said:

    Possibly one where his woman isn't dead because quite frankly I didn't kill her and I'm not sure any good character would.

    Wait, is there a way to NOT kill Tamoko? Besides incapacitating her and leaving her in the Undercity? I've never seen a way to not kill her without running away from her.

    There is, but if I remember correctly you need a high charisma score to do so.

  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    JosefineS said:

    Madhax said:

    Possibly one where his woman isn't dead because quite frankly I didn't kill her and I'm not sure any good character would.

    Wait, is there a way to NOT kill Tamoko? Besides incapacitating her and leaving her in the Undercity? I've never seen a way to not kill her without running away from her.

    There is, but if I remember correctly you need a high charisma score to do so.
    Hm. I've beaten the game with some really charismatic PCs, but I've never seen the option to not fight her. She must have talked to Minsc...

    Fina92
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 274
    Madhax said:

    JosefineS said:

    Madhax said:

    Possibly one where his woman isn't dead because quite frankly I didn't kill her and I'm not sure any good character would.

    Wait, is there a way to NOT kill Tamoko? Besides incapacitating her and leaving her in the Undercity? I've never seen a way to not kill her without running away from her.

    There is, but if I remember correctly you need a high charisma score to do so.
    Hm. I've beaten the game with some really charismatic PCs, but I've never seen the option to not fight her. She must have talked to Minsc...
    Haha yes maybe ;) This is from GameBanshee's walktrough: "If your PC has a high charisma you can convince her not to fight(choices: 1-3-2) and Tamoko then understands how foolish she was..."
    Hope this helps

  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited February 2013
    Not sure if this is specifically something the Ascension mod added, but I distinctly recall multiple possible endings for Sarevok.

    From DIALOG.TLK, the Good ending:

    In the years following his resurrection by CHARNAME, Sarevok spent many years wandering throughout the Forgotten Realms, rarely spending much time in any single place. In Berdusk he is said to have routed an army of invading orcs, displaying such fearsome power and rage that terrified locals weren't sure whom to fear more...only to disappear quietly without expecting a reward. In Westgate he arrived as conqueror, brutally enforcing his will over the city only to mysteriously vanish months later, leaving his own startled men to the mercies of the angry mobs. He acted like a man that did not know himself, and all the stories agreed that Sarevok was a tortured soul, balanced between life and death, never to achieve either. Those who knew Sarevok best, which were few, said that the tormented warrior would in turn curse the fabled CHARNAME for giving him his second chance...and then thank him/her. Eventually he disappeared entirely from the Realms, said to have assaulted the Abyss itself or even taken his own life. In truth, he journeyed to Kara-Tur to bury his one true love, the warrior Tamoko. He never returned, though the stories endure.


    And the Evil ending:

    Upon parting ways with CHARNAME, the reborn Sarevok proved as good as his word. He returned to the lands he once knew, far more powerful now than he was even before. Old enemies were startled by his visits, but never for long, and it was not even months later that Sarevok would start a reign of terror in Baldur's Gate that would place him completely in charge of the city. Resistance was crushed as Sarevok began raising an army for conquest in his own name. If he could not have the divine power of his father, he would have enough earthly power to satiate his appetite. Sarevok partook of women as he pleased as his name became a bitter epithet on the tongue of every citizen of the Sword Coast. The first victims of his terrible army fell easily, and Sarevok's power grew. The warrior was maddened, however, to find that the victories gave him no thrill. The power tasted as ashes, though Sarevok tried many times to drive himself into a frenzy of delight at his achievements. In the end, his throne grew heavy, and it was with dread acceptance that he greeted the arrival of the inevitable heroes to displace him not a year after his return. Sarevok fled into the night, abandoning Baldur's Gate and his dreams of power both. He became a man haunted by his second chance, hunted by a former life that never was and a possible life that never could be. Without a destiny and or a true soul of his own, he wandered the Realms...sometimes he brought terror and sometimes he brought nothing but his tired heart, and before long he was gone forever. Some say that he found his purpose in the great desert, forging a kingdom to last an age. Some say he traveled to the planes, launching a campaign against the great Mount Celestia. The truth is unknown, though the tales still persist.


    Viconia also has multiple endings:

    Neutral Ending (if you converted her via romance and then became a god):

    Upon parting paths with CHARNAME, Viconia wandered for a great deal of time. She still met with ignorance and hatred from those who knew of her kind, but Viconia was determined now more than ever to establish herself as seperate from the legacy of the dark elves. She had been to the deepest planes of hell and fought side-by-side with CHARNAME as he/she became a God...and she would hide her face from the surface lands any longer. Even when Shar, her goddess of darkness and loss, abandoned her completely Viconia was unrepetant. Tales of her grew as she made her presence felt in one land after another...often as a savior, only to be thanklessly driven out by suspicion and fear. Still Viconia traveled on, refusing the company of fellow travelers and adventurers and never finding anywhere that she could truly name a home. Her destiny was her own, and she would seek it on her own terms. What eventually become of Viconia is unknown. Her greatest legend is also the most unlikely, although its persistence gives it some credit. It is said that Viconia saved the elves of Suldanessalar from a Zhentarim plot, fighting valiantly against the organization's agents...and in the end placing herself in harm's way to save Queen Ellesime from a deadly arrow. Upon being revived, Viconia was surprised to discover that this last act had prompted the Suldanessalar elves to finally accept and forgive their drow sister. Queen Ellesime granted the highest honors of the Seldarine to Viconia, the first drow ever honored so, and even invited Viconia to find a home in the Tree of Life once again. Viconia was obviously moved by the gesture...and while she considered the Queen's offer, it is said she eventually merely bowed deeply to Ellesime and silently left Suldanessalar forever. Viconia was never reported seen again.


    Evil ending:

    Viconia traveled only for a short time after parting ways with CHARNAME, eventually starting a cult dedicated to Shar within the massive city of Waterdeep. One of her followers would eventually turn against her, precipitating a furious Viconia to slaughter the entire cult, herself. Shar did not forgive Viconia this trespass and removed her abilities. Viconia stubbornly refused to atone, however, and instead left Waterdeep to wander the Realms. The dark elf became known as an enigmatic and powerful figure as tales of her spread...and while it was known she no longer worshipped Shar, it was also known that her clerical powers were still great. Who the dark lady now worshipped, however, was her own secret to keep. She reportedly raised an army against the Vaasan Witch-King, viciously attempting to subvert rule over his Kingdom and only barely being defeated after several military failures. Viconia prevented an attempt by the Knights of the Shield to take over Calimport...only to take over the city herself days later and institute a reign of terror and cruelty which is spoken of even years later in shuddered tones. Viconia abandoned Calimport and, it is said, returned to the Underdark from whence she came. Hers was not a gentle return, however, as Viconia would become a conquering force amongst the drow to give even Lolth pause. Her mettle had been tested by both worlds, Viconia said, and proven herself worthy. She would make the drow strong whereas now they were weak. What eventually became of Viconia is unknown and shrouded in rumor...but it is said that even the great Spider Queen does not rest easily any more.


    Neutral Ending (if you converted her but remained mortal):

    Viconia and CHARNAME continued their adventuring careers for several years, gaining considerable fame after being drawn into central roles in two wars that rocked the Sword Coast. CHARNAME's standing in the Realms grew considerably over time, his dark maiden always at his side. Eventually, Viconia became pregnant with CHARNAME's child, an event that caused much argument and strife between the couple, resulting briefly in their seperation. The birth of CHARNAME's son, however, would change Viconia forever. She would return to CHARNAME and convince him to settle finally in Baldur's Gate, dedicating herself utterly to raising their son and teaching him the ways of the drow as well as the ways of CHARNAME's people and marvelling at the power the boy already was demonstrating. Though she delighted at the understanding in her son's eyes, she would not live to see him grow. Viconia was a powerful priestess and all but immune to common poisons, but the venom of the Spider Queen's vengeance was not easily resisted and her reach is far. Poisoned by a servant of the goddess Lolth, CHARNAME railed in rage as even the most powerful magics proved ineffective in curing his ailing wife. Viconia's last words were whispered to CHARNAME, in private, before she finally succumbed and are unknown...but the tale is well-told of how CHARNAME held the body of his dark maiden close to him and wept, while the entire city wept with him, suffering a loss of something precious that they never even truly knew they had. The furious CHARNAME left Baldur's Gate and raised his son in secret far away. Tales vary of him, some saying he began a crusade against the drow in the Underdark, some claiming he became a hero in the far-off northlands...and some even saying with surety that CHARNAME had waged war against Lolth herself in the abyssal Demonweb Pits...but all agreeing that the former son of Bhaal had been changed forever by his love for the dark maiden. As for the son, tutored by two of the most potent beings in the Realms? He would go on to forge a legend that would rival that of his father. That, however, is a different story...

    RaphielDrake
  • RaphielDrakeRaphielDrake Member Posts: 41
    shawne said:

    Not sure if this is specifically something the Ascension mod added, but I distinctly recall multiple possible endings for Sarevok.

    From DIALOG.TLK, the Good ending:

    In the years following his resurrection by CHARNAME, Sarevok spent many years wandering throughout the Forgotten Realms, rarely spending much time in any single place. In Berdusk he is said to have routed an army of invading orcs, displaying such fearsome power and rage that terrified locals weren't sure whom to fear more...only to disappear quietly without expecting a reward. In Westgate he arrived as conqueror, brutally enforcing his will over the city only to mysteriously vanish months later, leaving his own startled men to the mercies of the angry mobs. He acted like a man that did not know himself, and all the stories agreed that Sarevok was a tortured soul, balanced between life and death, never to achieve either. Those who knew Sarevok best, which were few, said that the tormented warrior would in turn curse the fabled CHARNAME for giving him his second chance...and then thank him/her. Eventually he disappeared entirely from the Realms, said to have assaulted the Abyss itself or even taken his own life. In truth, he journeyed to Kara-Tur to bury his one true love, the warrior Tamoko. He never returned, though the stories endure.


    Yeah, thats Ascension. The rest is alright but I seriously don't see how this is a good ending. I mean he didn't exactly seem "tormented" after his conversion when he was travelling with me. So whats with the Westgate incident? Seriously, he gave no warning. Didn't say a word of feeling like "a tortured soul". He seemed fine. To me it just paints the portrait of a disenchanted and confused evil guy and if we go by how he acts with his alignment changed, well that doesn't make sense. When I got this my jaw dropped, it was a real "what the fuck" moment.
    If I were to label the endings I'd label the good one "evil" and the evil one "worse".

  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @RaphielDrake: Made sense to me, actually - what would Sarevok possibly know about being a hero? He's fine when you're there to provide a good example, but if he started wandering the Sword Coast alone, I can see how he'd slip into his old habits...

  • RaphielDrakeRaphielDrake Member Posts: 41
    shawne said:

    @RaphielDrake: Made sense to me, actually - what would Sarevok possibly know about being a hero? He's fine when you're there to provide a good example, but if he started wandering the Sword Coast alone, I can see how he'd slip into his old habits...

    Would he though? Really? Would he go up to Westgate and go:

    "Now I can either see if any of the people of this village need help or I can murder its occupants and impose my own tyranical rule... damn it, what would he agree with... what would a hero do?"
    *24 hours later, Westgate is a smouldering ruin*
    "Well this was a misfire. Bye! XD"

    Just no.

  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited February 2013
    @RaphielDrake: A more likely scenario is that he became convinced that the only way to save Westgate was to rule it himself - the path of the Well-Intentioned Extremist, if you will. Given that Sarevok has always been able to justify his actions (at least to himself), I wasn't at all surprised that he turned out that way.

  • RaphielDrakeRaphielDrake Member Posts: 41
    edited February 2013
    shawne said:

    @RaphielDrake: A more likely scenario is that he became convinced that the only way to save Westgate was to rule it himself - the path of the Well-Intentioned Extremist, if you will. Given that Sarevok has always been able to justify his actions (at least to himself), I wasn't at all surprised that he turned out that way.

    If thats the case its never presented as such or hinted at during the game. Also he has extremely high intelligence and average wisdom.
    He would be hard pressed not to see a flaw in that logic.

    Post edited by RaphielDrake on
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    "he acted like a man who did not know himself"

    He was Chaotic Evil for 20 years of his life and he recently converts to Chaotic Good for a couple of months. you can see why he's a "tortured soul", plus...Chaotic

Sign In or Register to comment.