Skip to content

So where are...

lrk89lrk89 Member Posts: 1
So where are the screen shots and previews?

Comments

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    In Beamdog.com Office :)
  • DukeOfSuffolkDukeOfSuffolk Member Posts: 22
    I'd rather have the game with better quality and in less time than for the Dev Team to spend their time on some screen shots and/or preview videos. Those take time away from development.

Regarding the Dev Team, Gorion sums it up nicely. "They have long been my friends, and you can trust them."
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    From what TrentOster has twittered, they're currently being approved by all parties before being made public.
  • lrk89lrk89 Member Posts: 1
    @Duke it wont be the Devs that take the screen shots they should have someone else for that. But I cant wait to see them BG is my favourite RPG of all time
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    I rather more focus on the game than just on few screenshots.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    I like to burn them for warmth. It's easier than turning the AC down.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    As soon as the first couple of screenshots appear, I will print one with my no existing printer and cuddle it strong during night time... in hopes that no one gets jealous XD
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    edited July 2012
    When will we see the first screenshot? Soon I hope!!! =)
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited July 2012
    Between now and when its released :P
    Patience is a virtue ;)
    edited July 2012
    Oster said through Twitter that screenshot as well as other news about BGEE have to go through an approval system. I don't know who needs to approve these things, but whoever it is, it must be one hell of a teaser, because we have been waiting for a loooong time now XD
  • IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    screenshots.. give us at least one simple picture so we can see at least anything :D
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    I have a sneaking suspicion that people in marketing were the kids who got great joy from letting you know they knew a secret and then not telling you...
    @paulsifer42 : I wouldn't wonder that the first few screenshot will go somewhat like this :
    Oster : "we are proud to announce the release of the first few BGEE screenshot! *link* "
    Fans : :O *click on the link* -- *link takes to Trolololol song* D:
    edited July 2012
    @Cheesebelly I wouldn't be surprised either. I've done more following of games in my life than I'd like to admit, and this is the most ridiculous. The game should be coming out in almost exactly a month and we've seen nothing but what was in the original. The marketing people must just wake up laughing.
  • KyazzichetuaduKyazzichetuadu Member Posts: 9
    I just hope they are not ashamed to show us stuff
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Iwe said no to sex for 5 weeks because of BG EE !!!! God Dammit !!!
  • JanwinJanwin Member Posts: 4
    Considering the way the project has been handled so far I believe (though admittedly more hope) that the lack of news, posts, screenshots, etc. has been due to them not spending much if anything on marketing and focusing on the game itself. Besides...who are we kidding, big time Baldur's Gate fans and sites like geeks daily what do all the marketing for them that they need.
    @Janwin I also hope that, but how much time and money would it cot to take a screen shot and put it here on the forum? It's an honest question, I assume it would cost little, but I've been wrong before.
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    edited July 2012

@Janwin I also hope that, but how much time and money would it cot to take a screen shot and put it here on the forum? It's an honest question, I assume it would cost little, but I've been wrong before.

@Paulsifer42 This would cost little to no time and essentially no money, but it also isn't really relevant how much time and money it would be. as far as I've gathered, all delays in screenshots, announcements, etc. have been due to the approval pipeline taking a long time to get through. It seems like they have to get specific approval from Atari and WoTC for anything that they want to show (just like they had to get approval for the forums, to open them up, etc.). Hopefully Trent's tweet about having stuff to announce/show us "soon" really does happen soon.
    @jaysl659 Got it. So essentially approval takes a while, especially when dealing with two companies that are very... jealous (think is an appropriate word)... with their intellectual property.
  • SirBuliwyfSirBuliwyf Member Posts: 137
    The only thing you'll see in a screenshot will be the new UI, everything else will be the same and you can see that easily. I blame you guys for getting all excited though. :p
    And I want to see that new UI. :D