Skip to content

IEEP item maker

DrexxikDrexxik Member Posts: 18
Hello, I've created a couple of custom items with the IEEp editor. (I really like spears and if mohammad can't come to the....you know what) . It all works well except for one little thing, item description is completely messed up. It shows a random piece of text from the game like : "Has nothing to say to you". This, while funny, is quite annoying.
Does anyone have any experience with using the IEEP with BG EE ? Is there a better way to make custom items?

Comments

• FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    edited February 2013
    I haven't worked in IEEP but name, description, etc for items is linked with a reference number to strings in the dialog.tlk

I used WeiDU to get the correct text for items. Wisp made a topic on some basic weidu, that can be a good place to start.
    Post edited by Freche on
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    edited February 2013
    It most likely won't work right with BGEE since its not set up to recognize the game. You're better off using DLTCEP since that is designed to recognize EE.
  • DrexxikDrexxik Member Posts: 18
    Thanks I'll try it out.
    Ok I've redone the same thing with DLTCEP and tried using WEIDU to install it with descriptions and all that. I have never written a single line of code in my life but I found a tutorial on how to do it aaaand it works..sort of.. WEIDU installs my item, makes a backup and everything EXCEPT for the item text that i wanted it for in the first place. I'm lost again. It says it modifies dialog.tlk but obviously it doesn't.
    I have a feeling there is something I need to do to setup WEIDU for BG EE or something but i cant find the proper info on that.
    Scratch that, It's working now. I'm not quite sure why or how but it is.