Skip to content

Dorn Proficiency Slots

Dorn is Lv 5 as he's not a Fighter, I cant spend any more than 2 points 2 Hand weapon Style and 2 Hand swords, so now I have a point to spend, is there anything better, weaponwise, than Rancor further on in the game, that I should spend points in, or should I just put them in Longbow, even though I probably wont even use one?

Thanks for any advice :)

Comments

• FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    edited February 2013
    Fiach said:

is there anything better, weaponwise, than Rancor further on in the game[...]?

Bigger two-handed swords.

It depends, either you put it into some weapon type you might need in the future and nobody else can use (bastard sword, for example) or you go with quarterstaff for blunt damage and two handed style, or there's darts for multiple attacks with poison weapon. These are the ones that come to mind right now.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    It's pretty popular to give Dorn proficiency in some type of bow or crossbow, he's quite an excellent archer. His Poison Weapon skill affects ranged ammo, and it's a far more deadly combination than poisoning someone in melee range.
  • FiachFiach Member Posts: 231
    Madhax said:

It's pretty popular to give Dorn proficiency in some type of bow or crossbow, he's quite an excellent archer. His Poison Weapon skill affects ranged ammo, and it's a far more deadly combination than poisoning someone in melee range.

Thats handy to know, I thought it was only the sword, I just got archery braces, so I guess thats the way to go, cheers!

Thanks for the replies :)

• Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    edited February 2013
    Composite Bow (Longbow proficiency), he has the strength to wield it, which few NPCs do, and decent-ish Dex.
  • FiachFiach Member Posts: 231

Composite Bow (Longbow proficiency), he has the strength to wield it, which few NPCs do, and decent-ish Dex.

Cool, I have a bow called Deadshot or something, i'll give it a try later, thanks :)

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    For the record, I consider it a good idea to make all my party members proficient with at least 1 ranged weapon (or for ranged characters, proficient with at least 1 melee weapon). If you have extra proficiency points, you may even want to give them 2 stars in their ranged weapon, as ranged weapons are particularly good in BG1.