Skip to content

Killing an Innocent

Scratching my head as to how the system really works...

I killed a farmer in a house in Nashkel, and my rep got lowered to 4. As there where no witnesses I figured I was in the clear, so I went outside and could chat with the other townsfolk normally. But the guards attack me on sight, which causes anyone nearby to turn hostile.

I find this really odd; is it because of my low rep or because I killed the said farmer? I mean if it's the latter you aren't allowed to kill anyone?! My evil char cringes. ;)

Is there any way to make this up with the guards? Could I sneak my thief into the temple and donate some gold to reset their behavior?

Thanks, NN.

Comments

• ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    The guards in Nashkel are scripted to attack you on sight if your reputation is 4 or lower.

You can donate gold in a temple to raise your reputation. The cost depends on your current reputation and in your case it will cost 200 gold to raise from 4 to 5.

I'm not entirely sure, but I'm afraid that once the guards are hostile they will remain so also after your reputation has been increased, so it would be better to load from a previous save and sneak to the temple without letting the guards see you.

There is also a known bug that cause the hostile guards to be attacked and possibly killed by the non hostile guards, so that may work in your favour.
  • YovanethYovaneth Member Posts: 691
    edited February 2013
    @NocturneN Assume that the guards have figured out that as your party were the last ones seen near the poor innocent farmer, you're GUILTY!!!!

Sensible answer: scripting every area to check who's around when charname goes on a killing spree is not impossible but it is very close to it.
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    atcDave said:

You know guards exist largely to keep evil people from killing innocent farmers...

He was making for it. I mean that 6 gold in his barrel was totally worth it.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,154
    Wiggles said:

atcDave said:

You know guards exist largely to keep evil people from killing innocent farmers...

He was making for it. I mean that 6 gold in his barrel was totally worth it.
    And don't forget that silver ring!
  • NocturneNNocturneN Member Posts: 123
    'Twas more the fact that charname thought the farmer's house would be a nice place to store his ill-gotten gains! ;D Yes, I am aware that I could have just dropped the stuff in a chest in the Inn, but having your own house feels much better. Both for me and charname. So farmer had to die, unfortunately... xD

Aye, those are my thoughts aswell @Yovaneth, I don't question the guards' reaction; I was merely curious as to how the system works. Thanks to @Erg I now know. :)

Thanks for the help - and the wit! - guys. :)