Skip to content

Multiplayer drops players.

CazdonCazdon Member Posts: 2
Hi, me and my friend have a problem.

We tried Hamanchi, straight away we could both connect into a the character selection lobby.

As the host, as soon as I click done it freezes for ages until my friend gets kicked then the game runs normally for me while my friend is told they've been dropped.

If I load the game up then let them join, as soon as he joins the character selection screen appears. I assign characters, click done, and they are dropped. If I don't assign them anything then click done they are dropped.

This same thing happens when he hosts as well.

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Do either of you have mods installed?

Also, make sure that neither of you has changed the frame rate for your game in baldur.ini; if your frame rates are different, multiplayer won't work.
  • Stargazer5781Stargazer5781 Member Posts: 183
    That's very strange that you're able to connect but crash when the game starts, I haven't run into that and I don't think anyone else I've been playing with has either. I don't think it's the frame rate because you'd get a notification for that, and the fact you can get to the character selection screen suggests it's not a connection problem, though I wouldn't rule it out entirely.

As Aosaw asked, have either of you installed any mods? Are you running the same version of the game (most up to date patch)? Has either of you used shadowkeeper to do unusual things to your character? Any illegal items etc.? You might try uninstalling the game, deleting the folder, and reinstalling.

Have you tried doing it with a new game rather than the loaded game? Maybe the save file got corrupted in some way.
  • CazdonCazdon Member Posts: 2
    We haven't edited any characters or installed any mods and we are both in the same version. It's Version 1.0.2012 Thanks for replying
  • MildawgMildawg Member Posts: 2
    Hi, me and my friends have this exact same problem.

We tried connecting through IP addresses and none of us could connect to each other.
    Then we tried Hamanchi, straight away we could all connect into a the character selection lobby.

As the host as soon as I click done it freezes for ages until one by one all the players have been kicked then the game runs normally for me while everyone else is told they've been dropped.

This happens if its just one person or more joining. If I load the game up then let them join, as soon as someone joins the character selection screen appears. I assign characters, click done, and they are dropped. If I don't assign them anything then click done they are dropped.

We are all using Steam 2012 version. This was from a new game.

Thanks for any assistance.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    They still haven't added multiplayer matchmaking? Jeebus.