Post edited by Emeus on

Comments

• DanielStidsenDanielStidsen Member Posts: 2
    Why can't i download this mod?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    what is this NotVeryDescriptive Mod
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited February 2013
    I think what it means is that NPC's will not change their initial level based on the level of the main character.

The benefit to this mod is that all NPC's will be minimal level when you recruit them, allowing you more control over their proficiencies.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963

I think what it means is that NPC's will not change their initial level based on the level of the main character.

The benefit to this mod is that all NPC's will be minimal level when you recruit them, allowing you more control over their proficiencies.

I assumed something like that too, but you know about assumptions can often be wrong. If that is how it is though, "why would you want a Level 1 NPC when you are say Level 6? " is the next question that comes to mind. So it matters how this was done. Based off the lack of description, I would think there is a lack of polish on the mod so I asked the question to see if that was true or there was more to it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited February 2013

Check the "level 1 NPCs" mod for the d BG2... it's great, and polished, and it's probably a better idea to update it for EE than to build a new one from scratch.

The mod lets you choose the class, kit, abilities and proficiencies of any NPC - or to leave them unchanged. Then, in-game, every NPC you encounter is at level 1, but has enough XP to immediately level up to the level they would have been normally. This lets you choose their skills and proficiencies past level 1. It's a nice mod, and makes ShadowKeeper almost unnecessary.

@subtledoctor
    Thanks for bringing to my attention the "level 1 NPCs" mod, maybe I can borrow few ideas. In fact, like the OP I'm also working on a similar mod for BGEE (for my own personal use, but I may as well share it once it is done).

Currently, I managed to get the bit in which NPC are at lower level, but with enough XP to immediately level up to the level they would have been normally. I also gave them the gold they are supposed to have (i.e. if you recruit them at a later time, they shall give you more gold on joining; the difference is negligible, but it is easy to fix, so I did it).

I'm currently working on giving them the right equipment (e.g. Ajantis should wear a Chain, Splint or Plate Mail depending on when you recruit him). I shall also give to mages the right spells as well equipment.

At the moment I'm not planning to add the possibility to choose the class, kit and initial abilities/proficiencies, but I could eventually release a second version that does that later on.

I'm using WeiDU for my mod and I'm patching the NPCs instead of replacing them, so the mod will be compatible also with future BGEE updates.

I will create a new discussion as soon as I'm done (however it could take several days as I'm working on it on my spare time).
  • SaulerSauler Member Posts: 100
    I have a question about this mod: what is the difference between this mod and the "tweak" contained in bg2tweakspack called "Png ToB style" ?