Skip to content

After defeating Serevok

Iv just defeated Serevok and got the end movie, I got the "Final-Save" file but after loading it I just get back to the last area and after 5 sec it sends me back to the "Main screen". Anyone know how to proceed? Since I still have ToC to play I want to get to Ulgards beard.

Comments

• DarrylsonDarrylson Member Posts: 87
    The game ends when you kill Sarevok, if you want to do ToTSC content you'll have to do it before then. The "Final-Save" file is for importing your character into BG2.
  • SteamerSteamer Member Posts: 25
    Hmm okok. Ifigured you was supposed to be sent to Ulgoth's Beard since that happend in the Original game with the ToSC expantion installed?
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,328
    Steamer said:

Hmm okok. Ifigured you was supposed to be sent to Ulgoth's Beard since that happend in the Original game with the ToSC expantion installed?

That was only if you installed the expansion after you had defeated Sarevok. If TotSC was installed beforehand, you needed to play it before facing Sarevok. BGEE actually plays exactly like a full install of the original game in that regard.
  • SteamerSteamer Member Posts: 25
    atcDave said:

Steamer said:

That was only if you installed the expansion after you had defeated Sarevok. If TotSC was installed beforehand, you needed to play it before facing Sarevok. BGEE actually plays exactly like a full install of the original game in that regard.
    Oh, didnt know that, thank you alot for the help :) Luckily I have the auto-save file before entering Serevok haha

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    That's BS
    We should be able to carry on with the game!
  • IkMarcIkMarc Member Posts: 552
    DJKajuru said:

That's BS

Hence the automatic final save.............
  • DarrylsonDarrylson Member Posts: 87
    IkMarc said:

DJKajuru said:

That's BS

When you reload the final save the game ends about 5 seconds later. Though I don't see what all the fuss is about, any party should be fully capable of tackling ToTSC before the encounter with Sarevok.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,328
    DJKajuru said:

That's BS

This really isn't a big deal. Just head to Ulgoth's Beard from your last save prior to the "Final Save". Then come back and kill Sarevok.
  • IkMarcIkMarc Member Posts: 552
    Darrylson said:

IkMarc said:

DJKajuru said:

That's BS

When you reload the final save the game ends about 5 seconds later. Though I don't see what all the fuss is about, any party should be fully capable of tackling ToTSC before the encounter with Sarevok.
    Let's pretend I never said this
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    My problem is the plot breaking effect of visiting Durlag's tower and Werewolf island before hunting Sarevok.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    To end... like this?
  • GawdzillaGawdzilla Member Posts: 86
    I wondered if this was a bug, also.

It's a pretty clumsy way to end: defeat Sarevok, get a final save, return to the game, game ends, the intro movie plays, and dumps you on the start menu..

Thanks for the info, I was considering posting this as a question.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited March 2013
    Gawdzilla said:

I wondered if this was a bug, also.

It's a pretty clumsy way to end: defeat Sarevok, get a final save, return to the game, game ends, the intro movie plays, and dumps you on the start menu..

Thanks for the info, I was considering posting this as a question.

Well, there is a final cinematic that should play. If it's not playing for you, then yeah, that's a bug.
  • GawdzillaGawdzilla Member Posts: 86
    Oh right, I saw the final cinematic too. So no bug, but still not a great way to end the game IMO.