Skip to content

Party formation for mage leader

I practicaly always play as a fighter type character because I don't like the idea of yielding my leader spot to someone else (especially to some dumb tanks). But now with EE I'm thinking about a mage run, but as before, I don't like existing leader-protecting formations. So I ask to add a standard formation (two people in three rows) where the leader spot is in the second or the third row. Can this happen? Alternatively is there a way to mod this with editors like NI or DLTCEP?

Comments

• DrusycDrusyc Member Posts: 44
    It may be an inconvenience but if you right-click on PC to decide where you want to go you can change the orientation of your party such that the back or side of the formation is leading instead. It's not the most glorious workaround, but it works until someone finds something for you.

Alternatively, you can opt for the pyramid formation - there are two, and the second positions your party leader in the middle of the back row, while your second through sixth slot start at the point of the pyramid and work backward.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,174
    Yeah I know about that, but that's not exactly what I have in mind...
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    One of the "close packed" formations has the leader in row 2 out of 3 rows, position 4 out of six characters.
    TJ_Hooker
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,174
    Yes, that one is the closest. Still I would like to have the standard formation, as I'm used to it and I never use any other.

So I guess nobody else wants it, so it's probably not going to happen. I'm gonna roll a fighter-mage then.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    You could also have an alternative "Party formation for wild mage leader" which is exactly the same but with everyone spread out quite a lot more.
    Nifft
  • Greenman019Greenman019 Member Posts: 206
    I always play mage (Also party leader) The triangle formation seems to work fine, leader in the back row.