Skip to content

Any other (future) BGEE "let's play"ers?

CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
Hello fellow gamers and lovers of Baldur's Gate!

As a newbie youtuber (although with kind of plenty of experience in game-video making) I was interested in knowing if there is anyone with possibly a bigger channel who is going to make a series, a let's play or commentary of Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition.
Reason why I am asking is simply because I feel that a good series would be a great introduction for new people into the game, making the game sell better (my guess).

I myself have done recently a solo walkthrough of Baldur's Gate, and am hoping to get a friend of mine together to make a multiplayer video series of BGEE, while I bet we both will basically be in awe with the newest Baldur's Gate series product :)

So for those that want to know the question : Will be anyone making videos of the game for the internet? :)

Comments

• ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    edited July 2012
    I did a let's play of BG on Youtube on my channel HDGamingReplays (http://www.youtube.com/HDGamingReplays), I'll certainly make at least a few videos for BGEE when it comes out. Not sure about a full LP since it's going be essentially the same game, but I'd like to cover at least the new content.

@Cheesebelly what's your channel btw?
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I plan on making a lets plat of bg:ee from start to finish as my first ever lets play video - basically because I am confident enough that I know the game inside out
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    I think i'm gonna do a Let's play once i get a microphone.
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    @Cheesebelly It's something that I've considered. I've been more of a lurker than anything on the bioware (and other similar) forums over the years, I do hardcore/ironman playthroughs on occasion but I've never really been involved in the community, but I may end up doing a "let's play" for the enhanced editions, not really sure yet.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    I am glad to see I am not the only one around here that is a Let's Player or will let's play BGEE in any case. I bet that we could pull someone into this fantastic series this way! :)

@Zeckul : I've heard of you and seen some of your videos actually. Every time I uploaded a BG video, you were there in my suggested videos :) Will definitely subscribe to you now that I know you're a fellow forumite (as well as check your videos of course)
    My channel's name is DarkLauron if you're interested (pretty much my username on the whole internet. Cheesebelly is kind of a new name XD )
  • RyanRyan Member Posts: 14
    @Cheesebelly This is a great idea. A multiplayer "Lets play" would be a great way to see how many players react to different situations and a great merging of play styles would occur.
  • TheGrapeTyphlosionTheGrapeTyphlosion Member Posts: 29
    I was thinking of doing a single player LP once I finished the game at least once so that it's a more smooth transition into the Enhanced Edition only content. Despite my channel not being all that big. I feel like at least that way people have an option of watching it if they don't feel like looking for others to play or don't want to take the time to construct their own party. I can also go back and make another, cleaner more precise LP later on if people would want one if something winds up not going perfectly. A multi-player LP is great. But it's not everyone's style. So a single player LP would have somewhat of a niche audience.
  • FyreFyre Member Posts: 28
    Multiplayer let's play. Anyone going for this? It would be awesome.
    Me and @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud were planning to have a MP Let's Play. I don't know when exactly we'll be able to set it up though, hopefully soon (worst case scenario, next New Year's eve, right Kitteh? :P )
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    @Cheesebelly: You bet! But first there has to be cake. There must be cake! *_*
    @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud : we bake cake, and put muffins on top of it. And waffles below it! :D
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    @Cheesebelly: And a lobster on top! :D
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    I'm going to record some gameplay videos without voice. I'm currently fed up over the few bugs I came across, mainly bears that kill me not respawning on reload gave killed my XP gain (I'm short on about 2000 exp now!).
    @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud : with buttered pasta filling!
  • EldrathEldrath Member Posts: 20
    Would love to see a Multiplayer Let's Play. I don't know anyone else that got this game, so i got nobody to play it with, else id do one myself.