Skip to content

Bugs I Have Known and Loved

(Accidentally posted this in the wrong section before, reposting here)

First off, THANK YOU! Just downloaded and begun playing this today. I LOVE it. Even better than I remember.

That being said, I'm keeping track of the bugs I find to help y'all make the game you made better *even better*. I'm playing as a female elven Shadowdancer named Moll Flanders with the cockney accent.

Stats are:
S-10
D-19
C-6
I-18
W-18
C-18 (20 with this cloak of Algernon I pickpocketed)

This is the first round from my first few hours of playing (other people may have brought these up before, but alas and alack, I do not have time to read the other posts here - only to post):

1) The identify scroll quest in Candlekeep seemed uncompleteable - the guy kept saying "Go talk to Gorion!"
2) The "Thief" script causes characters to stop walking over long distances as they strangely toggle their search for traps on and off. Had to use "Ranged" script instead.
3) A suggestion: in windowed mode, there should be a "locking" function where the cursor is locked into the window unless you press ALT or something. It would make scrolling around in the screen easier. Arcanum did this, I believe. Also, resizing the window is a little difficult (hard to find the "right spot" on the corner) and can get glitchy if it's too wide (but still amazing that I can do that - widescreen cinematic BG? Yes please!)
4) If you pick Unshey's pocket, he has the book that he wanted you to go get already on him (saved me the trouble, I guess).
5) There seems to be no entrance to the Red Sheaf Inn...
6) My awesome girdle of something-or-other (the one that was not the cursed gender-reversing one you get off the ogre) DISAPPEARED...at some point...I don't know when, but it's just...gone. Sigh.
7) The cursor graphic randomly spazzes into gibberish or copies of itself (haven't been able to catch a screen yet). It goes away in a couple seconds of clicking around.

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the report!

You can move your topics instead of reposting them by editing your post. (Move your cursor to the top right of your post and click the gear, then change category through the dropdown box.) It would also be helpful to mention the version and platform you're playing on (in this case Mac v2014).

#1 was already reported.

Unshey does not want a book, but a belt. That's the girdle you're missing in #6—you turned it in when you spoke.

The Red Sheaf Inn entrance is up the stairs. Move your cursor around the top of the steps, and it should change into a door icon.

For #7, does going to Options -> Graphics and disabling the hardware cursor help?
  • markboydmarkboyd Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for the advice! I don't do "forums" on the internet much, but I reallllllly love this game and it has moved me to participate.

I'm using an iMac 3.06GHz Intel 10.6.8, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4670 256MB

As for the Unshey quest - bahahaha that's just my luck - I've played it so many times I'm not reading the dialogue so closely now, but I should.

The hardware cursor thing doesn't do diddly, except if I turn it off, it gets kinda funky and sticky. Not even sure what that's supposed to do. I'm usually playing it in full screen, btw.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729

AFAIK this has been an issue since BGEE was released, I've encountered the pain of this too and my thieves often get "left behind", it's not game-breaking, but is very annoying!
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760

AFAIK this has been an issue since BGEE was released, I've encountered the pain of this too and my thieves often get "left behind", it's not game-breaking, but is very annoying!

We are aware of this.

A fix is in the works which will prevent the THIEF4 script from overriding player assigned actions such as walking across the map or looting containers.
    aVENGER said:

We are aware of this.

A fix is in the works which will prevent the THIEF4 script from overriding player assigned actions such as walking across the map or looting containers.
    @aVENGER - Excellent! Now we just need a decent Bard script... :-)
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    Yeah, seems like a lot of people are asking for a dedicated bard script.

I've actually talked to @CameronTofer about that. We might be able to arrange something. ;)
    aVENGER said:

Yeah, seems like a lot of people are asking for a dedicated bard script.

I've actually talked to @CameronTofer about that. We might be able to arrange something. ;)

Excellent! I'd basically want them to sing all the time, except when performing other actions (i.e. actively engaged in combat etc.)
    Bards, lol
    I've always thought the main character being a bard is kinda meta...does he make up songs about how he stood bravely by at a safe distance from the battles and sung a song to buff his friends who were fighting for him?
    BTW have been playing a bunch and haven't run across ANY bugs since that first batch. Nice jerb Overhaul.
    edited March 2013
    Now all we need is an updated version of BG2, IWD1&2, P:T, Fallout 1&2, and Arcanum.
    What about some teeshirts that say "Isometric 4 Lyfe"?
    markboyd said:

Bards, lol

Blades and Jesters are lots of fun IMHO...
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @markboyd Since you know how to edit posts, next time please do so instead of posting five times in a row within a few minutes.
    I'm just trying to get my posting number up to you nigh 2k, give a brother a break.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @markboyd
    The site does have rules against spamming or abusive behavior. I'm afraid you'll just have to accumulate your posts through participating actively in discussions just like @Jalily did. "There are no shortcuts to success", as the saying goes.

I deleted your last extraneous post because it was clearly unnecessary.