Skip to content

Ingot

Does anyone know if Ingot is supposed to attack immediately? While exploring his map with my dragon disciple, I came across him and he was immediately hostile. I don't know if this is a bug or was one of the "improvements" to some NPCs.

Comments

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Did you rescue Dynaheir before encountering Ingot? Was Dynaheir in your party?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Hmmm. Interesting. I often found him hostile if I had missed him the first time and went back to the map later.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    He was immediately hostile when I had already rescued Dynaheir and met him.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    That is intended behaviour. If Dynaheir is in your party when you first encounter him he will spout off some dialogue then attack. If Dynaheir is not in your party but you have rescued her earlier, Ingot will attack. In order to meet a neutral Ingot you must encounter him before rescuing Dynaheir.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited February 2013
    He has a dialogue that relates to Dyna, but if he has already left his group he wouldn't know of her fate. I guess from a coding standpoint it doesn't matter if he is hostile or neutral in order to initiate dialogue. In the 2e Monstrous Manual it notes that gnolls dislike humans and demi-humans. Although a lone, wandering gnoll would probably have better survival instincts than to automatically take on an adventuring band of, say, around six.
  • forktheworldforktheworld Member Posts: 88
    I don't believe I actually had Dynaheir, but I had already rescued her and let her go I think. Its been awhile since I had explored the map in a way that I got Dyna before meeting Ingot! That probably explains it, thanks guys.