Skip to content

How Much will the Game Cost

paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
I tried searching for it, but couldn't find anything except the DLC thread. Does anyone know how much they will sell the game for on the PC?

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed somewhere. Thanks.

Comments

• ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    @paulsifer42 The game will sell for $10, this has been mentioned probably a million times but never in its own discussion as far as I know, so I'm glad that you started one. In fact, this is probably worthy of inclusion in the supposedly soon-to-exist FAQ thread...
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @paulsifer42

We have no info about that yet.

TrentOster has mentioned that they're aiming for a 10$ price tags for iOS, but he hasn't yet confirmed that price or if the PC and Mac versions will have a similar price point.
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    @jaysl659 @Tanthalas

I like that it's been mentioned a million times AND we have no info. :D
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    So the game will be downloadable only?
  • The_ZealotThe_Zealot Member Posts: 43
    for ten buck on the IOS i might by both it and the PC version!
    From TrentOster's twitter, its very unlikely that there'll be a boxed collector's edition for BGEE since the talks are in limbo.

I'm still hoping that they'll make one including BGEE and BG2EE though.
    @paulsifer42 okay, well, I guess my statement may be a bit outside of my authority to make as it hasn't technically been officially stated that the game will sell for ten bucks. On the other hand, the developers have personally stated that they are planning on selling the iPad app store version for ten dollars and have pretty clearly implied (as far as I can tell) that the game will sell for this same price on all platforms. I apologize if I have assumed too much here, but from the posts by Trent this seems pretty clear to me, someone can feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken on this point...
    From what I've read, yes. They're talking about a physical copy, but that will have to come later.

@jaysl659
    No worries. I vaguely remember the ios $10 thing and kind of assumed they wouldn't switch up the price depending on platform, but I hadn't heard.
    @ShapiroKeatsDarkMage As @Tanthalas mentioned, Trent has stated on twitter that talks for a boxed collector's edition are in "limbo" and that the last time something was in such a state it took about a year to resolve. I am personally all for a boxed edition and a collector's edition with extra content. If you do want to see this, just go to the topic concerning it (which can be found here) and click "agree" or "insightful" on the posts that you agree with or find insightful, respectively, as this will bump the thread. The more support on the discussion here, the higher chance that this idea will be approved by those that the development team have to seek approval from.
  • shout27shout27 Member Posts: 89
    Ultimately, as long as it doesn't exceed $30 I won't scream bloody murder. I'd probably have to wait a bit, if it's higher than that.
    They just released it here http://www.beamdog.com/products/baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition . 20, or 18 if you pre-order.
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    Pricing for all platforms will be visible when the new site goes live.
    Does anyone know why the iPad and Android versions are cheaper?
  • TrebrTrebr Member Posts: 6

Does anyone know why the iPad and Android versions are cheaper?

Prolly because the mobile apps wont have the full stuff from the get-go:

•New Character: Neera the Wild Mage as an in-app purchase
    •New Character: Rasaad yn Bashir as an in-app purchase
    •New Player Voice sets as an in-app purchase
    •New Player Portraits as an in-app purchase
    @Trebr Yeah, I started looking closer at that and agree. Where did you read 'player portraits?'
  • TrebrTrebr Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2012
    Its there in the list: http://www.baldursgate.com/ipad.en.html
    Not sure what those are though heh
  • Jason_SilverainJason_Silverain Member Posts: 38
    Well for those in the UK with the exchange rate it currently costs £11.84 to pre order.
    There it is. It's funny, it doesn't mention portraits on the PC page. I hope they aren't charging for additional portraits.
    So, to clarify our pricing a little bit: The PC and Mac versions have everything, and a kitchen sink. That's why they're priced at $19.99 at launch.

We feel that people are reluctant to pay a big upfront cost for a game on iPad or Android, so the price there is lower - but some of the new content is available as paid DLC.

You still get Rasaad, The Black Pits, and a host of other features for free on tablet. If you want all the new content on tablet, you pay the same price in the end as you would on PC or Mac.
  • SirBuliwyfSirBuliwyf Member Posts: 137
    Ahh I was right! phew!
    @PhillipDaigle Can you clarify the portrait thing? (as discussed above)
    edited July 2012
    And to further clarify - NONE of the original game has been held back as DLC. You get the ENTIRE original Baldur's Gate experience, plus our enhancements and some (The majority, actually) of the new content, for only $9.99 on iPad and Android tablets.
    @paulsifer42

I think the portrait thing are new portraits for us to use for our character.
    edited July 2012
    Tanthalas said:

@paulsifer42

I think the portrait thing are new portraits for us to use for our character.

Yeah, I figured that, but will they come free when I purchase on the PC, or will I be buying them as DLC?
    All the paid DLC for iPad and Android tablets comes free with the PC version.
    @PhillipDaigle That's great news. I'm excited to see what they look like.
  • RisingsunRisingsun Member Posts: 99
    @PhillipDaigle
    Do you need to buy all of the DLC to sync data and save games between the iPad and Mac/PC versions?