Skip to content

Okay, now tell me again how to import my BGEE PC to BGII

I know it's here somewhere, I just can't find it.

Sorry folks for duplicating other posts. Guess I'm just impatient but I've been searching here, in the Bioware Forum and online for about half hour or so...

I'm ready to play.

Thanks, CKT

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    If you're playing on PC, your characters will saved in: C:\Users\[You]\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\characters
    If you've beat the game, your character may have already been exported (I'm not sure if this always works), if not just load a different save and export your character from there. Now copy and save that character file into the characters folder of BGII. Now when you start a new game in BGII, you can import your character. It's not officially supported, but it should work fine. To be on the safe side, maybe make sure your character doesn't have any of the new items from EE in their inventory when you export.

I think there's a way similar to this where you copy and paste your entire savegame file, and import the character from the save, but I think the results are the same.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Part of the reason this isn't officially supported is that importing your character to vBG2 this way won't necessarily let you reselect your proficiencies or favored enemies, because it will think the character is a BG2 character.

That being said, if you don't want to alter your proficiencies or favored enemy choice, there should be no major issues.
  • That's just it. There's no Character Folder in there. The final save is there though. I guess that's what threw me. I've done this before but when I didn't find a character folder I drew a blank.
  • Alright. I just cut and pasted the whole 'save game' folder from BGEE into BGII. I had to make a 'save' folder since I've not been playing.

Then I started a new character, selected import, saved game and my character from BGEE was there, stats, weapons proficiencies, name, everything.

I still have some playing with it to do but all in all, I'm pleased.

Thanks folks, for being willing to help.

CT