Skip to content

My super cheesy solo squeezy way of killing drizzt

(TLDR after the break)

----------------------------------------------------
Heyo! So, I soloed Drizzt last night, in one of the most cheesiest ways that I think I could. No haste, no protection, just Me, Drizzt, an abandoned house, and very few reloads.

So, wanderin' around a lake, I saw the dude, it was all I could do to not fangasm while I was all like "Oh hey, dat's drizzt! And he seems to be taking on a ton of gnolls with a vorpal sword, guess he's not using his signature swords, so he won't mind if I take them" (Spoilers, he minded!), so after picking his swords from the sheaths, he turns on me and decides that I'm also a monster, which is stupid as I look nothing like a monster! Well... Aside from my green hair and blue skin, but that's not the point! The point is I booked it! I ran to take shelter by an old house, but I couldn't shake the old codger! (Seriously, he's an elf, they're, at minimum, 150 years old or somethin'). So I Benny-Hill'd it around the corner of the house and tried to hide... He found me... So I ran around the next corner and hid.

Now, why would Drizzt be attacking me? I only wanted his swords, since he wasn't using them. Really, he had to have had a nice, shiny, vorpal sword, why else would everything he touch pop like a guts and intestine filled balloon? Why else would he have his signature swords just in their scabbards?... Then I remembered that twinkle couldn't be wielded by non-good people, and if he WASN'T wielding twinkle (luckily *I* could!), then he must be evil, and as such, he must NOT be Drizzt!

I had to gasp, as this imposter was decked out in all of Drizzt's gear, meaning Drizzt was somewhere in the world, naked, cold... Well, I doubt he was cold, he's so freakin' hot it's not even funny... I mean, I've really only seen him once, at a distance, when he graced the Tavern (no really, the tavern's name was Tavern... Owned by Bahr Kiep, I think he's a demon in disguise, but the prices were cheap) I was in, and man, did that place get SMOKEY once he entered... No seriously, there was a bunch of tobacco being smoked, but I think half of it was just his sheer awesome hotness... What was I talking about? Oh yea! The Imposter!

So, in my sheer, infinite knowledge, I knew that I alone had to take out this imposter! So I did what any good Rogue-like fighter who's dabbled in the arcane arts would have done... Stabbed him in the back with twinkle! ... ... ... I missed, but I booked it around the corner before he could react and hid again... And snuck up and attacked! He was no match for my cowardice heroics, I eventually was able to land the right hit's in all of his sweet spots, and eventually the imposter was dead! Being the heroine of the hour, I decided to take his chainmail... Though I couldn't find that vorpal sword for some reason... Aw well, can't win them all, I guess.

Though, I'm having a hard time convincing that it was an imposter... People seem to think that, since I've got the swords and the armor, that I must have killed the real Drizzt... But that's impossible, Drizzt woulda been smart enough to not just stand there and take it, like the most manly elf man that he most certainly is, that manly elf
---------------------------------------------------------------

To long, didn't read: So, I rang up a Fighter/Rogue/Mage Elf to play the game solo. I figured all I had to do was sneak around and backstab things, if they didn't die, run for the hills and hide to do it again. My first rogue points I put into pick-pocket, as I knew I was going to steal twinkle and the other sword of drizzt's even if I wasn't going to kill him (and if a ferret with 75% PP can do it, so can an elf with the same). I booked it for Drizzt at the start, and nabbed his swords... And yes, he did start attacking me (got freakin' lucky that he missed).

Now, unlike the story, I didn't fight him then and there, I took the swords and ran to level up a bit, it's a ton easier solo, and reaching 5fi/4ma/6ro (I think) wasn't too tough, since the east coast loves their sirens. I decided to head back and just deal with Drizzt, since I could hide fairly decently now, and I had a "good enough" THAC0 to test my luck. So I went back, and he was still there.

So my first attempt to hit him failed, and I decided to run. Not wanting to deal with loading screens I ran to a place where I could safely hide from him without having to try to outrun him (which is impossible without the boots of speed). The abandoned house near the top mid-west of the map (just northwest of the lake).

Ducking behind the corner, I hid (since it's possible to do with no enemies in sight), snuck behind him, attacked (Put on attack rolls, it's nice to see how much drizzt cheats, but it also gives you better timing on when you attacked). rinsed, repeated. I was able to even get him stuck on a corner (he wouldn't move from that spot), so it was just me ducking behind a corner, attacking, and ducking 5 feet away from him to hide again.

Eventually I got enough "20's" (doing something like 24 damage to him because of backstabs) to take the dude down. You can probably double your chances of hitting with a point of "Single weapon style" (19-20 crits = 1 in 10 chance to hit... I think), but it's possible if you do it right. Heck, you might not even have to steal the swords first (meaning you can put those starter points into something more useful, like hide and sneak), If you have the patience.

Anyway, figured I'd share, dunno if this has been done before in this fashion, but it's definitely possible.

Comments

• SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    edited February 2013
    I don't know how I managed to read it all...
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Do like.
  • BronypwnyBronypwny Member Posts: 12
    I like how my "To long, didn't read" section is just as long as the little RP story... So much for TL:DR...

Here, here's a true "TL,DR:" I killed Drizzt, solo, with a cheap tactic that I thought up.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Bhaaldog said:

I rather welcome long posts (depending on content of course)

As do I, and I tend to write up long walls of text like this... But I know some people don't like reading all of it, so I try to section off an abbreviated part of my posts if they get too wordy, try to get my point across and all... As you can see, sometimes it doesn't work :P
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    I am just glad that you admitted it's cheesy :-D
    Also, I like your thought behind "he isn't wielding Twinkle since it is in his scabbard, so he can't use it, so he must be evil, so he can't be Drizzt!" Amusing to say the least.
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    Bhaaldog said:

I couldn't have said it better myself @Bhaaldog
    Seriously though? I felt kinda like batman when I did this (Which makes the Joker.gif so much funnier). It was night, and I was popping in and out of the shadows like nobodies business, it was kinda amazing.
    toanwrath said:

I am just glad that you admitted it's cheesy :-D
    Also, I like your thought behind "he isn't wielding Twinkle since it is in his scabbard, so he can't use it, so he must be evil, so he can't be Drizzt!" Amusing to say the least.

Yea... I know... Most every way to kill a strong character at a low level is cheesy, but whatever works, yea? Also, I just wanted to give an "RP" reason to kill the dude while still remaining "good." Turns out that RP reason was about 6 paragraphs long and would make a high-school teacher proud... And then gag at the grammar mistakes that are probably all over the place.
  • TetrapusTetrapus Member Posts: 17
    I enjoy long posts so long as they're well written and entertaining like this.
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    I preferred the werebears
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    Somehow I just have this mental image of a guy running around the house, and backstabbing him. Then when he turns around, running around the house the other way and backstabbing him again. Repeating over and over again, just like a Tex Avery cartoon. Although your Benny Hill reference for the music would be great.
    Hahah, yea... I can imagine it now in that old, black and white, real-life cartoony type show, where they speed things up to add to the hilarity. Drizzt is chasing me, sword in the air, all like "Get back here," and I have a burgler mask and stripes on and everything, and we get to the house and I go around the corner. Drizzt goes to follow but stops and turns his back to the house all confused like "Where did she go?" And I pop out and stab him in the back.

As he looks all surprised, I skedaddle around the corner, so he takes a look around the corner, and I stab him in the back from the other corner. To which, again, he's all surprised and everything and looks around the other corner, then looks back around the first, then looks at the camera and shrugs all like "I dunno what's goin' on." at which point an anvil falls on his head.