Skip to content

Black Pits Style Adventure for BG2 EE

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    I expect they're already working on this. One of the developers about a week ago mentioned that Baeloth will return, but NOT as a party member. This implies to me that he'll be looking to re-open the Black Pits.

Of course, a lot of people on these forums expressed their wish that the Black Pits had been incorporated into the BG1 storyline rather than as an unrelated side-mission, so we'll see which kind of arena we get in BG2. Maybe they can do both?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    The black pits don't really fit into the original game (grinding the pits, then entering the game is awfully OP in BGEE), so i don't really see it added into the story. But i'm pretty sure it can work like in BGEE.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Bhaaldog said:

I was quite impressed by the Black Pits Adventure and in particular it provides an excellent way of play testing various classes, kits and strategies. There is also potential to expand this further.

Will there be some sort of separate arena based combat adventure for BG2 EE as I think it would be a nice addition.

Both of the drow city arenas are really cool. Maybe they could expand on them a bit more.
  • PaheejPaheej Member Posts: 126

The black pits don't really fit into the original game (grinding the pits, then entering the game is awfully OP in BGEE), so i don't really see it added into the story. But i'm pretty sure it can work like in BGEE.

Just from playing it once - it seemed to me to be setup to allow a more action packed multiplayer mode . . . and also an example of how to set up entirely new storylines for modders.