Skip to content

Candlekeep Books

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    One the one hand, this does indeed make sense.

On the other hand, NOTHING about Candlekeep makes sense. Why do you build a fortress around a library? Why do you have an inn within the fortress, when the toll for entering the fortress is so steep? Why does the asshole gatewarden forbid you from re-entry when you leave, when you're clearly in need of help and protection and lived there for TWO DECADES? And how do you live in a fortress for TWO DECADES without EVER leaving the walls? And if it's so impossibly difficult to get inside the fortress, where the hell did the two assassins enter from? What about Koveras, or the Iron Throne leaders?

My point is, while you're not wrong in seeking realism, doing so in Candlekeep is a rabbit hole.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    My greatest question is, how did such poor nit-wit assassins as Carbos and Shank get in?
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    Phlydia likes to burrow in warm, dry places and the hay pile is still reasonably well lit enough for curling up with her favourite book.

I'm not sure Winthrop is literate.
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    LMAO @ Winthrop. Made my night.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Coriander said:

Phlydia likes to burrow in warm, dry places and the hay pile is still reasonably well lit enough for curling up with her favourite book.

I'm not sure Winthrop is literate.

I'd advise absent-minded Phylia not to take a candle with her for reading in the haystack. It might get too well lit.