Skip to content

Introduced in Game Update 7: Custom keybindings do not save between map/save loads

PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
I like to keybind Thieving to T, which is normally the chat window.

This was undone upon installing update 7, probably because there are some new default keybindings.

However, this custom keybind does not save between map transitions and saved game loads.

Comments

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @PugPug - How do you change key bindings? I want the ~ key to select all party members!
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @reedmilfam Options -> Gameplay -> Assign Keys

Select All is near the bottom of the Quick Slots section.

@PugPug I've reported this bug. I did find that it was preserved between map transitions, but not save/loads.
  • KnettgummiKnettgummi Member Posts: 152
    I have noticed this bug also. In my experience "E" will stay mapped to find traps, but "T" for thieving seems to revert on save/load/area transitions -- I assume this is linked to the fact that T has a default assignment (chat window), whereas E doesn't.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @Jalily - Thanks! I just couldn't find the action I wanted (must have looked in the wrong place).
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    Jalily said:

@reedmilfam Options -> Gameplay -> Assign Keys

Select All is near the bottom of the Quick Slots section.

@PugPug I've reported this bug. I did find that it was preserved between map transitions, but not save/loads.

It's possible it preserves going in and out of buildings, but not major map transitions, if that makes a difference. I'm sure you're on top of it.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    I checked both. :)
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    This has been fixed internally and will be present in the next update.

@PugPug - How do you change key bindings? I want the ~ key to select all party members!

Options, Gameplay, Assign Keys (hiding up top)
  • diggerbdiggerb Member Posts: 132
    Nathan said:

This has been fixed internally and will be present in the next update.

Next to an Android release, this is the best news I could imagine finding on this site right now. I need = back as Select All, and I need Z,X, and C as Traps, Thieving, and Hide in Shadows. Game's almost unplayable without being able to map (and keep mapped) those keys.
  • Darkangel13Darkangel13 Member Posts: 3
    How can I change the scrolling of the map to aswd? Thank you!
  • MinscandBooMinscandBoo Member Posts: 77
    Hi... Sorry but, I played this game when first introduced, and kinda put it on the back burner with all the bugs that I felt did not get the attention warranted. That being said, and with the announcement of BG2:EE I started playing one of my solo runs again in order to save and export my main into BG2:EE. All this to say is that the key assign is *still not fixed* a year later!! I try to assign T for 'thieving', but everytime I reload a game, the key binding is unassigned again. To me, of all the plethora of bugs, key binding is the most important part of the game as I hate to click everything. It seems to me that it should be a relatively easy fix... obviously not.
    @Minscandboo

It's fixed in 1.2, but until that patch is released, you can bind it to a key that is unused by default keybindings -- I use V -- and it will not be overwritten.
  • MinscandBooMinscandBoo Member Posts: 77
    Thx PugPug