Skip to content

Please leave the Ring of Influence out of the game

KickTheEggKickTheEgg Member Posts: 1
edited February 2013 in Archive (Feature Requests)
I know this is not a bug, but this is what I want for Enhanced Edition in the future. That ring renders the charisma stat so useless.

I want to start from BG: EE and proceed through the second game so I don't want to feel that every stat I spent for charisma is useless even from now on.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• OurQuestIsVainOurQuestIsVain Member Posts: 201
    If you don't like the ring you can choose not to use it...what about the other stat boosting items? There is a hammer that maxes out your strength, should we get rid of that? Not everybody plays the game by min/maxing and those stat boosts can be very useful.
    Flashburn
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    I actually agree with @KickTheEgg. I hate that ring too because I always give myself a high charisma stat. Although I do disagree with removing it from the game. There are SO many better rings in that game, I do not understand what makes you feel compelled to use it. Just sell it for some extra money, or throw it at a random person for no particular reason.

I remember a mod that added a quest line to Galoomp where you ended up giving that particular ring to a halfling that is quite ugly...

And no I'm not joking
    Moomintroll
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    Better take out Keldorn then because he can be picked up pretty early and shoved to the front of the party for cheap prices. And Haer'dalis. And really any NPC with a respectable charisma.

And, as previously mentioned, all of the giant strength girdles, gauntlets of dexterity/strength, girdle of fortitude and crom faeyr.

In fact let's go the whole hog and turn it into third edition where all stats are equally unexciting!
    NeonfiskKilivitzDinoDin