Skip to content

Is Dorn Special?

2»

Comments

• KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Anomen is illegal, yes. But Shar-Teel and Imoen are in no way "special" because they need no tome to dual.
    lunar
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Ah, I don't not notice he wrote that.
    lunar said:

Yeah most NPCs have those quirks and extra bonuses.

Faldorn summons dread wolves, Quayle casts invisibility via special ability, Tiax can summon ghasts, Branwen can create spiritual hammer, Yeslick can cast dispel magic, Eldoth has poison arrows, Coran and Kagain have illegal stats and Coran has illegal weapon proficiencies, Alora has her rabbit foot, Imoen and Shar-teel can dual class, Safana has charm ability, Viccy has globs of magic resitance, Minsc has berserk and illegal stats (and Boo, how can I forget Boo!?), Dynaheir can slow poison, Edwin is the best mage thanks to his amulet, Neera comes with her dowry err gem bag, Dorn has illegal class, Rasaad has his spiffy boots...Garrick has...um, unless I am horribly mistaken, nothing. Khalid too, although he has lower morale than most, which is his quirk, I suppose. Jaheira has nothing but gets 'Harpers call' spell (and can get a certain other Harper related powerful item) in BG2 at least. Xzar and Montaron are just generaly so awesome that they don't need quirks. Heh.

@scriver - I meant this list.
    lunar
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,497
    He's not special, he's just different (don't mention the tusks).
    Melicamp
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    lunarKidCarnivallakrids
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    edited February 2013
    tilly said:

:o

I didn't know there were so many illegal things in Baldur's Gate. ^_^ Makes me feel bad just playing it - like a rebel! :3

The Flaming Fist is coming for you!
    lunar[Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Silverstar
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460

Anomen is illegal, yes. But Shar-Teel and Imoen are in no way "special" because they need no tome to dual.

Okay, you are right. ^^ still Imoen and Sharteel are more special than Garrick as they can dual class. Poor Garrick has nothing extra to offer.

• ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    @lunar
    "...Brave, brace sir Garrick, sir Garrick run away..."
    lunarEudaemoniumRadhamanthys
    I still don't find it "special", it's just how the game mechanics work. It's also not "special" that Monty is a multi class. If anyone, Xzar is "more special" because (with tomes) he can dual to two classes. Most people plan their dual class ahead and distribute points to be efficient in their starting class and then their dualled class, where Xzar can be efficient in 3. It's still possible for a player to do that, but it's more special than an NPC with the option to dual to one class.
    Eudaemonium
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    TL;DR: Xzar is awesomesauce.
    KidCarnivalDinsdalePiranha
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Some NPCs have unique features. Some are good within standard rules. Some are just dull and uninspiring. And some are Garrick.
    Eudaemonium
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Fardragon said:

Some NPCs have unique features. Some are good within standard rules. Some are just dull and uninspiring. And some are Garrick.

I'm actually starting to like Garrick, he's not so bad if you make sure he drinks potions of genius before batch scribing scrolls