Skip to content

Khalid keeps wanting to leave in Nashkel

I have completed the Nashkel mines. However, everytime I go into the Nashkel store Khalid wants to leave and he takes Dynaheir with him. Then even though he wants to rejoin the group, I have to remove a member to allow him to join. Is this a program bug or did I miss a mission?

Comments

• bgplayabgplaya Member Posts: 129
    I think you mean Jaheira instead of Dynaheir, no?

But that's not important...The main thing I can think of is, did you turn in the Nashkel mines quest to the mayor? I'm not sure if not doing that will make them leave, but I do know that when you meet up with them, they talk about doing that. And the mayor seems to know Jaheira.
  • LCohen7LCohen7 Member Posts: 15
    Yeah, I meant Jaheira. Yes, I talked to the mayor and he gave the reward. Still, though, when I go to the Nashkel store Khalid leaves.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Is Xzar or Montaron in the store as well?
    Yes, Montaron is in the store.
    edited February 2013
    Khalid is leaving so he can fight Montaron to the death. This is usually happens when they're in the same party long enough, but you can use a console command to stop this:
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("Xzarfight", "GLOBAL", 0)
    (If you don't know how to enable the console, find baldur.ini on your Mac and follow these instructions.)

I'm reporting this instance as a bug since the end behavior is pretty weird.
    I have a Mac. I know where the console program is in the utilities folder. Can you give me instructions to modify this file with a Mac.
    Do you mean to use the terminal program?
    I am so sorry. I figured out what the real problem was. I had previously dumped Khalid off at the Nashkel store and thus, everytime I went into the store (and had Jahiera in my party), Jahiera would leave. I fixed the problem by dumping Imoen in the store, joining back up with Khalid, and then dumping Khalid in a house in Nashkel. Problem solved.
    I'm going to close the bug report.