Skip to content

Gifts you can get from charmed NPCs *SPOILERS*

JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
As promised, here's the list:
- The nobleman on the first floor of Winthrop's inn gives you 20 gold—once. Before the patch, it was unlimited.
- A nobleman on the second floor of the Friendly Arm Inn entrusts you with a flamedance ring...to prevent it from being stolen.
- The woman in the house north of Landrin's tells you she wishes she could run away with you and gives you a silver ring to remember her by.
- The three smiths in Thunderhammer Smithy each give you a suit of chain mail.
- Gerard Travenhurst, in the Beregost mansion, gives you a gold ring from his childhood.
- The Gullykin boy in the second house from the right gives you a potion of invulnerability.
- Any of the three halfling women in Gullykin will put Firewine Bridge on your map while warning you not to go there.
- Hentol, on the map south of Durlag's Tower, gives you Heart of the Golem (dagger +2). He also does this if he isn't charmed, with different lines.
- On the map southeast of the Nashkel mines, Lena gives you all her money (4 gold) to bring Samuel to safety.
- In Chapter 3, if you visit one of the abandoned caravans south of the Friendly Arm Inn, you'll be attacked by a gang of bandits. If you charm their leader, Deke, he'll put the Bandit Camp on your map.
- Tranzig will also put the Bandit Camp on your map and update the appropriate journal entries.
- Brevlik, the gnome in the Elfsong who wants you to steal a telescope, gives you 50 gold and then 20 gold.
- Ithtyl, a waitress on the second floor of Three Old Kegs, gives you 20 gold and then says she's occupied by financial matters.
- Areana, the noblewoman on the third floor of Three Old Kegs, gives you 500 gold and a bloodstone gem if you had agreed to kill Cyrdemac for her.
- The two noblemen in the Low Lantern each give you up to 20 gold in 10 gp increments to gamble with.
- The two male commoners on the first level of the Low Lantern each give you up to 3 gold in 1 gp increments to start off your night.
- The merchant on the third floor of the Iron Throne gives you 25 gold.
- Marek hands over the antidote. If you do this on your first meeting, you can bypass the quest for 10,000 XP. Enjoy it while it lasts!
Erg[Deleted User]VnavekulFafnirKidCarnivalFenghoangKholdstareNeonfisk[Deleted User]SCARY_WIZARDNecomancerMokonaDexterCaptRoryJuliusBorisovrdarkenchickenhedlolienTuthBrer_RabbitFiendish_WarriorWithinAmnesiaelminsterSmilingSwordIthualProont

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
    Cool...However if you charm someone, don't they become hostile towards you after it wears out? Imoen tends to shoot first, ask questions later. : /
  • FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    edited February 2013
    Severon said:

Cool...However if you charm someone, don't they become hostile towards you after it wears out? Imoen tends to shoot first, ask questions later. : /

Not if you use Algernon's Cloak (and possibly the Nymph Cloak, haven't tried that one).

Fiendish_Warrior
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Lena gives me a jade ring, no gold. O.o
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Jalily said:

- Marek hands over the antidote. If you do this on your first meeting, you can bypass the quest for 10,000 XP. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Might have to try this one. I normally just kill him before he can talk to me to prevent getting poisoned.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    @smeagolheart Your laziness costs you more than 10k exp and a pair of Boots of Speed ;)
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963

@smeagolheart Your laziness costs you more than 10k exp and a pair of Boots of Speed ;)

@SpaceInvader
    I guess I felt it was worth the hassle since I didn't have to go a bunch of places that if I forgot to do I auto-died. I 'm pretty sure Marek's buddy has a pair of boots of speed that I can get when I kill him next, because he just sits there after Marek's dead.

I just continue on my merry way into the Merchant's League to obtain some sea charts.

• CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    @Jalily to the rescue (and/or enlightenment) again!
    lolien